Chapter 40: What a Come Back!

Friday, October 20, 2014

"Li, pretty girl." I turned my head and saw Ali sitting on the edge of my bed. She was sitting there rubbing my back. "We got to go to breakfast."

"Ali." I groaned and rolled back over.

"Come on." She shook me and my stomach growled. "You're even hungry."

"Fine." She got off and I rolled off the bed. "Ouch."

"Hey you can't get hurt before you play!" Ali yelled from the bathroom.

"I'm fine." I said and picked myself off the floor. I changed into a sweatshirt that was on the floor and a pair of leggings. I threw my hair up in a bun and put on mascara and a little makeup.

Ali walked out of the bathroom in one of my UNC Soccer sweatshirts. It had my name and number on the back. "Hey Ali. Nice sweatshirt."

"Huhh." She said and looked at her shirt. "Oh sorry."

"It's fine."

"Nice sweatshirt." She said.

"Huhh?" It was my turn to look at my shirt. "Oh. I guess we traded." I was wearing Ali's Spirit sweatshirt. It also had her name and number on the back.

"Keep it. It looks good on you." She said.

"Thanks. You can keep mine." I told her.

"I think I will. It's comfy." She said.

I laughed. "You know if you went to North Carolina you would have gotten all kinda with your name and number." I teased.

"Penn State did a pretty good job."

"Sure."

"Come on. Lets go to breakfast."

We walked out the door. No one was in the hallways. Usually we met up with some of the team. Not today though.

"Where is everybody?" I asked.

"I don't know." She checked her phone. "We're just late. Breakfast started 15 minutes ago."

I checked my phone it was 10:15. "This team really likes their food."

"Of course we do. Food is great!"

We both laughed and made out way down to the team room. "It smells so good!"

"I'm starving."

We walked in and got our food. We sat down in our normal seats. Me, Kel, Alex, Tobin, Carli, Hope, Ash and Ali.

"What took you so long?" Carli asked.

"Oh umm, idk. Sorry." I said.

"They swapped sweatshirts." Tobin pointed out.

"No not really. We both picked them up thinking they were ours but we picked up each others so, we just said 'Keep it'." Ali explained.

"Ali, that was my favorite sweatshirt." Ash whined. I took a big whiff of the sweatshirt. It noticeably smelled more like Ash than Ali. She must have worn it before I got it.

"Ash, I have like ten more for you." Ali said patted Ash's thigh.

"Fine." Ash pouted.

"So Li, excited for tonight?" Hope asked.

"Of course!"

"Well be careful." Carli said.

"I will."

"We're ready for you to play again." Alex said.

"I'm ready to play."

"Well we can't wait. And we're happy for you." Ash added.