Part 29

His words make me forget everything else that had happened that day.

I'm taking you home. 

Home was him. Wether he took to his place, my place, a hotel, or the middle of a field. Home was with him. It always had been and always would be. All the years apart seemed so ridiculous as we sat in the back of the Uber. His hands on my thigh, slowly rising further and further until I had to clench my thighs together to stop the feeling in-between my legs from making me unbuckle my seatbelt and straddling him there and then. The note he left on the morning my world came crashing down. 

I promise you. 

So many feelings, so many words wanted and needed to be said. But as I look up at him, I see the true form of love in his eyes and I know those words mean more than anything else. Because we are one. 

The blazer. The teasing him of being single. Danielles words and the plan to "get my man back." I already had him. I didn't need him to ask. I didn't need a relationship status. He was mine and I was his and we would make this work. Completely. 

He gives me another light kiss before he hauls down a taxi, and I grip his hand for dear life. The alcohol really starting to hit, the glass of champagne I just took in no more than 3 gulps hitting my head, the words from the beautiful auburn haired girl lingering at the front of my mind. When a taxi finally comes to a stop at the side of us, I have to force myself to keep straight. 

"I've not been this drunk in so long." I mummer as Austin holds open the door for me to step inside. I flop down on the seat and it takes everything in me to shuffle over to the middle so Austin can climb in beside me. The taxi drive laughs at my confession and I can't help but giggle back with him. It was nice to finally see someone I didn't know. Someone who didn't know my problems. 

Austin gives the taxi driver his address and as he starts the car, he tells me theirs some sick bags in the back of his driver side pocket if I felt I needed then, but it only makes me laugh more. Austin answers for me. 

"She won't be sick. I know this drunk. She'll be a pain when we get back home." but he says it with a smirk. 

I gasp and hit his arm, and the taxi driver lets out a chuckle. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." I say, but I know he's right. Delirious. I was feeling delirious. Everything over the last 24 hours felt like a dream. 

Theres silence for a moment before Austin speaks, but only to me this time. 

"Are you going to tell me who that women was?" he speaks, and I divert my eyes away from him and out the window on my side with a stiff laugh. Who was she? Because I knew her face but not her name. I knew her few shorts words spoke a thousand. I know the my now ex boyfriend had made me feel like an utter disgrace to only be doing the same thing back to me. 

"When we get home." I say. 

I turn just in time to see him smile. "Home." He repeats my words, and then his hand comes to my knee and he gives it a squeeze, as a I wrap both my arms around his outstretched arm and cuddle into his side. 

It doesn't take long for us to pull up outside his apartment, say our thanks to the taxi driver and be making our way across the carpark across to the elevator that would lead us to his room. It was so different to my own apartment, of course it was. It was in a nicer part of town and I dare say his monthly payments were more than half of my monthly salary, but for some reason it still just felt so right. I would take on more jobs, I would do what it would take to make life with him work in the best way it could. 

The elevator finally got us to his floor, his being the only apartment down the hallway, and a huge sense of comfort hit me as he opened the front door and let me slip inside. I took in my surroundings once more, it only being not even 12 hours since I was last here and I let out a smile. The sun was only just starting to set out the huge windows behind us and a quick look at the clock on the kitchen wall told me we it had been a short 45 minutes since we left Danielles. 45 minutes. I'd managed to get drunker than I had in a while, find out my ex boyfriend was a manipulative lying cheat, but never feel safer than before stood in my exact position.