Chapter 11: First for Everything

The next time I woke up it was to the tightening of Drew's arms around me. I giggled, he was surprisingly cuddly, I acknowledged as his arms brought me even closer to his body. In the next minute his eyes slowly fluttered open, he looked at me smiling and then noticed how close we were and quickly released his arms, "sorry." he muttered clearing his morning throat.

"Its okay, I was comfortable, you are quite the snuggler aren't you, you big softie." I said teasing him.

"Only with you Boski. Only with you." he replied rolling onto his back staring up at the ceiling. "So you and Blaze huh?" he asked still facing the ceiling.

"Yeah, I guess, look Drew I know his reputation. Selena told me that he's quite the ladies man but I'm not letting him do anything that I'm not ready for and I told him that last night."

"What did he say?" he asked, finally turning to look at me.

"He was the one that actually suggested it." I said trying to defend Blaze for some unknown reason, I just felt like Drew was interrogating me and I didn't like it.

"Ohh Bo. Of course he suggested it, now he thinks that he has your trust, this is how guys like him operate, he's just trying to get one thing from you babe, please be careful." he said, pleading with his eyes.

"I will be." I answered more annoyed than grateful that he was worried about me, "you don't need to be my dad alright Drew, I already have one of those." I angrily got out of his bed and left his room.

When I got back to my own room I looked at my phone and saw a text from Blaze. I had a great time last night. I hope we can do it again soon. I smiled throwing my phone on the bed feeling great. Blaze and I started texting each other on a daily basis and when he realized that I walked to school he offered to give me a ride, I asked Drew if he wanted one too but he said he already had one.

Between Blaze, school work, regular work, babysitting, and keeping up with my crazy friend Selena I barely had anytime for my bestie except for at night. We tried talking about our days, but between football and his increasingly popular social life Drew was usually too tired to keep a conversation going and honestly so was I. We both usually knocked out once our heads hit the pillow.

Blaze and I were surprisingly doing really well. I honestly thought he would have gotten bored by now, but apparently I was wrong. He asked me to be his girlfriend, but I said I'd have to think about it. I don't know what was holding me back when it came to him, maybe it was the fact that I still didn't really trust him or at least I didn't think I trusted him.

We hadn't gone very far sexually either, I just wasn't ready for it and he said he understood, but it still didn't make any sense to me as to why a senior guy, who could get with any girl in the entire school with a snap of his fingers wanted a relationship with me, a girl who would barely go farther than a steamy make out session.

It was a Friday night and after work I was heading out to a party with Blaze. When I got home from work I sent a quick message to Blaze to pick me up in 20 and then jumped in the shower to wash the food smell off of me and got ready. Somehow I managed to be ready just in time for Blaze to send me a quick text that he was here, deciding to let my hair air dry I walked downstairs and went out the front door locking it. I jumped in Blaze's car and we immediately took off after saying our hellos, someone must be super excited for this party.

"You look beautiful, like always," Blaze admired once we were out on the road.

"Why thank you kind sir." I replied looking down at my outfit. It was a bit skimpier than I usually like to wear, especially with it being close to wintertime.