6. Danger

Far away from the dukedom of Xiao Jianmin, in the west lies the dukedom of Wang. "Sir, you have three letters today. First is from the imperial palace, second from the headquarters, and finally the third is from the dukedom of Xiao." An assistant said as he passed three letters to his master. "Dukedom of Xiao?" The master asked, feeling stunned with the invitation as he turned around to look at his subordinate. He was none other than the young, handsome duke of the west, Duke Wang Yibo. His long, silky brown hair was tied up in a high ponytail, with a single fringe falling over the left side of his forehead. His brown eyes were beautiful, yet cold and calculating. He had a sharp, angled face, smooth skin and a slim body, giving him the look of a porcelain doll.  However, a strong, firm chest as muscles rippled through his robes.

It wasn't like the east and west were at odds because two different dukes were ruling them, but rather they just didn't bother with each other's presence at all, as if they were strangers. Given how Wang Yibo was just 22 and still became the duke, and even the youngest master of swords, it was natural Xiao Jianmin would feel slightly uncomfortable in his presence. Master of sword is a title given to the best swordsmen in the empire. When one becomes the master of sword, they can channel their energy into their sword, giving them a boost of power and a bigger advantage in battle.

"This is the invitation to a party. It's believed that it was sent by the omega of the dukedom of Xiao." The assistant, Shu Hao said. "I heard the omega was dead." Wang Yibo said. "Rumors say that he was in a critical condition. Almost dead, but miraculously woke up."

"I see," Wang Yibo said as he opened the envelope and pulled out the letter to read. "But why a celebration after so long?" "I think he took a little longer to recover. Also, this is the first celebration organized by the duke's son. His fiancé Zhu Zanjin, the second prince, and his younger brother, the third prince might be going too." Shu Hao replied. Wang Yibo sat down at his chair and stared at the letter, his hand resting on his chin. "If you don't want to go, I'll notify them." Shu Hao said, looking at Wang Yibo, who kept staring at the letter intently.

"No. Tell them I'll go." Wang Yibo said as he got up and picked up his cloak. "I only want to talk to Duke Xiao. Besides, it's a celebration since he could wake up from the dead. Now that is unbelievable."

***

A few days later, in the dukedom of Xiao, Xiao Zhan was sitting in front of the window and stared outside. He smiled before turning around to look at Yu Bin. "Yu Bin. The preparation for the celebration is going well, right?" "Yes. Everything is as you order." Yu Bin replied. "Young master, are you really going to hide until the day of the party? I would like to show you to everyone as soon as possible." "Yu Bin, if I appear in front of them when they are waiting for me... that feeling is something else." Yu Bin nodded. "Then I will also wait, Young master."

Xiao Zhan smiled and sat down before pouring himself a cup of tea. 'By the way, I need to sneak out of the mansion and go to the town to pick up some stuff.' He smiled as he drank his tea slowly. 'After this is over, I swear I'll find you... Lan Zhan.'

"Yu Bin," Xiao Zhan spoke up. "Yes master?" Yu Bin asked. "You have to help me sneak out." "But how?" "Get a big pile of straw." Xiao Zhan said with a smile, making Yu bin look at him, feeling confused.

***

Yu Bin was walking in the mansion, pushing a trolley full of straw. "Young master, how could you?" He muttered. The straw suddenly moved, and Yu Bin sighed. Indeed. To help him get out of the mansion hidden, he could only hide him under a huge pile of straw. "Yu Bin, where are you going?" Yu Bin suddenly heard a voice, stilling him. It was one of the guards.

"Is that straw? Why do you have so much?" The guard asked. "Oh this? Young master requested me to make him more training dolls. They make really good dolls in the city." Yu Bin replied. "I see." "Well then, I'll go now." Saying so, Yu Bin walked away, trying hard not to run.