32. Rescue

Cao Yuchen sighed as he breathed in the fresh night air. Tang San's image kept popping up in his mind making him feel envious. 'If only... I had the strength like him. If only I had the power to protect someone.' Tang San seemed so confident, not fearing about anything. Cao Yuchen clenched his fists.

"A-Yao, I've never felt so resentful of my body before today." Cao Yu Chen grit through his teeth. "I'm an incompetent alpha who couldn't even protect a single person." "Your Majesty, it's not like that! Isn't he just a healthy boy who can wield the sword?" A-Yao contradicted immediately. "When Your Majesty recovers, you will be the strongest." Cao Yuchen didn't reply and simply looked down, feeling ashamed. Despite being the crown prince, despite being an alpha like Tang San, he couldn't help a single person.

"Take your time and relax in this hot spring. I told the owner to keep it empty." A-Yao said. However, no sooner than he finished his words, the two of them heard a bang, making them turn around and see the ruffians they saw that morning. "It's them! Take them down!"

"What is the meaning of this?!" A-Yao shouted as he tried to fight against the ruffians. However, he was pushed aside and kicked in the stomach, making him roll over. "A-Yao!" Cao Yuchen rushed to A-Yao's side, feeling worried. "For what reason are you doing this!" He shouted in anger. However, that alpha grabbed Cao Yuchen's collar. "Weren't you the one who greeted my brother so wildly this morning?!" "What are you saying?" Cao Yuchen asked, feeling stunned.

"Get rid of this act! You think I'll be fooled!" The alpha shouted as he punched Cao Yuchen in the gut. Cao Yuchen felt his ribs break with the impact as he fell to the floor, his chest swollen as he found it hard to breathe. "He said he was a strong guy, but he fell down with just one punch." The alpha said while scoffing. "My Lord..." A-Yao cried as he tried to crawl to his master. "Someone..."

A figure in a black cloak kept rushing through the night, almost blending into the black sky. 'I saw them taking those people to the west gate of the forest outside.' Xiao Zhan continued running as he remembered those omega's words. 'It's because of me.'

By the time Xiao Zhan reached the told location, the ruffians had just left. However, he had gotten a glimpse of them, thereby affirming that the man from this morning before searching through the bushes for the alpha he saw this morning. "Found you!"

Xiao Zhan rushed to the passed out figure on the ground and knelt down next to him. "Hey! Can you hear me?! Wake up!" Xiao Zhan touched the person's neck and sighed in relief. He wasn't dead yet. He was just out of breath. If he gave him a CPR, he would he safe.

Xiao Zhan quickly tore off the man's shirt and gasped. His chest was swollen black. 'It's swollen very badly. Even if I give him a CPR, there might not be a chance for him to survive.' "Ah.... ah..." The alpha tried to speak but Xiao Zhan cut through. "Don't try to talk! I'll get the doctor right away!"

"Sorry... I..." The alpha's head tilted to a side and stopped breathing, making Xiao Zhan's eyes widen. "No no no! Wait! Open your eyes!" Xiao Zhan shouted as he patted the alpha's cheeks. 'Think. Think, Xiao Zhan, think!!' As he kept thinking, he suddenly remembered the necklace Hua Cheng gave him. 'The red one can heal any person and even revive the dead.'

Xiao Zhan pulled out his necklace and thought for a while before he angrily ripped off his wig, letting his black hair loose over his back as it fluttered with the wind. "Damn this outfit!" He sighed before pulling out the red jem from his necklace, still considering whether to do it or not. "I wanted to save this red jewel as much as possible, but..." Xiao Zhan shook his head before he popped the jewel in his mouth and bit it.

'Rather than regretting in the future... it's more important to save the person in front of me now.' Once Xiao Zhan felt the liquid in his mouth, he leaned forward and spat in out in the dead alpha's mouth. "Please work. Please work!" Xiao Zhan begged while folding his arms. "Please! I hope it's not too late!"

Tears kept spilling out of Xiao Zhan's eyes as he punched the ground. "Damn it! Damn you underworld bastard!!!" Xiao Zhan shouted at the sky. This wasn't the first jem that didn't work. Before this, even his green jem didn't work. "What stupid insurance did you give me bastard!! I don't need such a useless thing like this!"

Xiao Zhan was just about to throw away his necklace, when he suddenly saw the dead alpha breathing again. 'Am I hallucinating?' The omega quickly placed his finger under the alpha's nose and sighed in relief when he felt his breath be back. "Thank goodness. Thank goodness he's alive!!" Xiao Zhan cried in pure happiness.

Cao Yuchen slowly opened his eyes, feeling stunned. 'What? Is this... heaven?' He suddenly heard a voice, making him look at a person next to him. "Hey! Hold on! I'll call for help!" Cao Yuchen gasped, breathing in the fresh scent of rose pheromones coming from the man above him. 'Ah... as I heard. Angels are truly beautiful.'