9. Revenge - 2

In Xiao Jianmin's ballroom, people kept talking to each other. Shu Hao and Zhu Zanjin stood next to each other. While Zhu Zanjin seemed slightly unconcerned with the party, Shu Hao was looking around, as if searching for someone. "Who are you looking for Shu Hao?" Zhu Zanjin asked. "No one." Shu Hao replied. "By the way, that fat omega is taking so long. It's his return celebration so he sent out a lot invitations for everyone to attend. But he must've failed in the end." Zhu Zanjin said, feeling annoyed. "I don't even want to see him. He must be looking horrible." He sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"Brother Zanjin!" Wang Zhucheng appeared, smiling at Zhu Zanjin. He was wearing a dazzling red tuxedo which seemed to shine. "Oh A-Cheng! You look dazzling as ever!" Zhu Zanjin said as he smiled at Wang Zhucheng. "But, by the way, why is your complexion so dark?" "I'm just worried about my dear friend. The main star of the event should be Zhan." "Unfortunately, Zhan needs more time and courage to appear." "Courage?" "Of course. Didn't you see a couple of times before, how he failed to wear a dress and had to wear a new, bigger one." Zhu Zanjin said mockingly. "But..." Wang Zhucheng faked his tears and affection as he leaned on Zhu Zanjin's shoulder. "It doesn't matter how he looks. To me, he's still my precious best friend." "A-Cheng, you're too kind."

"It's a blessing my fiancé has such a great friend like you." Zhu Zanjin said as he held Wang Zhucheng's hands, making the latter smile. Shu Hao however turned away from them and continued searching for Xiao Zhan in the crowd.

Suddenly, a tall, handsome man with a silver mask covering his face appeared in front of Zhu Zanjin and Shu Hao, making the two princes look at him feeling confused. The man was quite tall, his long brown hair tied up in a high ponytail. His grand, black clothes screamed royalty while his boots tapped against the marble floor. However, the upper half of his face was covered with a silver mask, revealing only his mouth while those long, nimble fingers of his were covered in white gloves. "Duke Wang greets his royal highnesses." The man said, stunning the whole crowd. Duke Wang of the west? Why did that famous, phantom duke who rarely attends events like these appear for this event?

"The sun will surely rise from the west tomorrow. The rumored phantom appeared in a party like this." Zhu Zanjin said mockingly as he smirked at Duke Wang. "The person who didn't even respond to my invitation came to a party like this? Is it because you received an order from His Majesty?" "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not obligated to answer." Duke Wang replied, snapping Zhu Zanjin. "What?!" "Well then, please excuse me."

"You!" Zhu Zanjin shouted as Duke Wang turned around and walked away. "Always using that mask to cover your face. Are you so ugly that you can't even show your face to others?" "Is that the phantom knight who always fulfils His Majesty's orders?" Wang Zhucheng asked. "Ya. Just a reminder that he is in His Majesty's favor. Until when will he pretend to be-" "To all the distinguished guests who attended the party!" One of the guards shouted, catching the attention of everyone present in the hall.

"Please welcome Duke Xiao's beautiful son and the main star of the day!" At that moment, a beautiful, thin young man appeared. The hall was shocked to see an omega, who's beauty could rival the moon appear. Even his grand silver clothes could rival the moon as it sparkled with each step he took under the soft light of the hall. A strong, lovely scent of roses filled the air as the man slowly released a small part of his pheromones while his shiny, black shoes tapped gracefully against the marble floor. His silky black hair was let loose with a single red ribbon tying up a small portion of it, while his lovely brown eyes shimmered in the light. His snow-white skin shone prominently under the light due to the milk bath he just took as a warm smile spread across his plush, kissable red lips.

"What the..." Wang Zhucheng was shocked to see this dazzling omega in front of him. It was Xiao Zhan, but it wasn't Xiao Zhan either. The Xiao Zhan he knew was fat and ugly. This Xiao Zhan looked like a Greek god while the crowd swooned with his appearance. Suddenly, Wang Zhucheng felt Zhu Zanjin freeze. "Zanjin?" Wang Zhucheng asked. "Oh my god! Are you sure that omega is Zhan?!" He asked in pure shock and awe. Shu Hao was also staring at Xiao Zhan in pure shock as he noticed how breathtakingly beautiful, he looked.

"Zanjin!" Wang Zhucheng angrily elbowed Zhu Zanjin's stomach. Xiao Zhan gracefully descended the stairs as his smile never left his lips. "We sincerely thank all the guests who spared their time to attend. I'm here to thank all of you for being concerned about me." Xiao Zhan then smiled, swaying the crowd even more with his dazzling white smile. "We sincerely hope you enjoy it."

"Master, you look gorgeous!" "Master, you look like a god who descended from heaven." "You're so beautiful." "Where did you buy that dress?" "Master, can you please dance with me?" "Master looks so beautiful and stylish." "He looks so confident." Xiao Zhan was feeling overwhelmed with the explosive reaction that happened. In all honesty, he didn't expect it to be this explosive. And now, he was stuck in between them, unable to move out. And with each compliment Xiao Zhan got, Wang Zhucheng's face turned darker.

"Those guys..." Zhu Zanjin grit his teeth. "How dare they flirt with my fiancé?!" Wang Zhucheng was also stunned with Zhu Zanjin's words. 'No. This can't be. The incomparable beauty having the most outstanding man and the empresses' throne... all of that should be mine!' Wang Zhucheng glared at Xiao Zhan, who was still surrounded by different people. Xiao Zhan turned his head in the direction of his 'friends', not saying a word. 'The start was smoother than expected.' He smirked slightly.

Strategy number one: Break them down.