Chapter 1

**BEFORE YOU READ**
Scarlet Leann Grace is a girl who lives in Melbourne. She has long dark brown wavy hair, hazel eyes, and is naturally tanned.
************************************

-Scarlets Pov-

It's six in the afternoon and I am currently on my bed staring at the ceiling. It's Friday night, I have to find something to do. I grab my iPhone 5s and call my best friend, Claire.

I dial in her number and wait for her to answer.

"Pick up you fucker.." I say to myself, waiting for the ringing to stop.

"Hey Scarlet what's up?" She asks.

"Absolutely nothing. Wanna hang?"

"Actually I'm having a get together, but you never come to them anyways.." Her words trailed.

She's right, I never do come to her get togethers. I always make an excuse saying my head hurts or I have homework. But I really need to start making some friends. Claire is mainly the only person I ever talk to, and I think I should try something new. Maybe I should go for once...?

"I'll go." I said, imagining the big smile planted on her face.

"Great! Starts at seven. Stay the night too." And with that I hung up.

I walk to my bathroom, grabbing a towel, and stripping off all of my clothes. I step into the shower, letting the warm water run over me. I then begin to wash my hair and body.

I get out and wrap the towel around myself, knotting it at the side so it doesn't fall off. I walk over to my closet, deciding what to wear. I want to look decent so I can make a good first impression because let's face it, I most likely know no one who's going to be there.

Claire is very popular at our school, Penola. Opposite from me. Not that I'm a geek, but I rarely talk to people. Before my dad left my family, he always thought I wasn't going to be a success with friends and boys. Him and my mom always fought everyday. He never supported me or my sister.

My sister is fifteen years old, two years younger than me. One year ago she was diagnosed with cancer. Since the day we received the terrible news, I have always been there by her side when she needed me.

I slip on a white wromper, along with some matching sandals, snapping out of my thoughts. After getting dressed, I begin doing my makeup.

I normally don't wear makeup, but since I don't want to look dead, I decide to wear some.

I put on a tad of foundation, touching it up with some powder. I apply mascara, and my nude pink lipstick. Then I curl the ends of my hair, adding hairspray when finished.

I grab my purse, putting my phone, wallet, and gum in there. While putting it over my shoulder I walk downstairs.

"Bye mom I'm staying at Claire's for the night!" I yell, hoping she can here me.

Mom knows Claire is like a sister to me, so she never cares when I went over to her house.

I grab my penny board and begin skating down the side walk. It took me a little longer than usual, since I was wearing sandals.

I finally arrive at my best friends house. I walk to the front door and knock, waiting for a response. While waiting, I straighten out my wromper, making sure there isn't any wrinkles.

The door opens, revealing Claire's big grin. Claire has dirty blonde hair, and blue eyes. She also enjoys surfing, like me.

"Hey I'm so glad you actually came for once." She said, allowing me inside. I look over to her couches, seeing about eight people chatting.

"Scarlet, this is Rose and Belle." Claire says, as we walk over to the area that everyone is sitting at. I smile at the girls, introducing myself.

"And these are the boys, James, Daniel, Jai, Beau, and Luke."

I smiled at them each individually. All of them had welcoming smiles. They were all very, good looking. How come Claire never introduced me to them before?

My eyes soon meet with the last boy's eyes. I smiled at him but a smile wasn't received back. All I got was a disgusted look. What the hell?

I took a seat on the couch, looking away immediately. I knew he already has a problem with me for some reason, due to the look he gave me.

"So," A boy who I think his name was James began speaking to break the ice, "Who's up for some fun games?"

Everyone agrees with him, and I just keep my mouth shut. Is this what people normally do at get togethers?

"Okay let's start!" James says, grabbing a bottle from the kitchen and sitting back down.

"Lets play seven minutes in heaven" Claire says, and everyone cheers, showing they want to play. Everyone but me.

Everyone makes a circle around the bottle, getting ready. A boy with emerald green eyes and brown hair sits next to me.

"Hey, I'm Beau, the man of your dreams." He jokes, making me giggle. I shake his hand and reply,

"I'm Scarlet." I say smiling. The game starts and everyone gets quiet.

"Exchange numbers?" Beau whispers in my ear, sending goosebumps down my spine. I hand him my phone and he types his number in. He hands it back and I smile looking at his contact name.

"Hey why don't you spin first Scarlet?"
A boy named Daniel says. There was quite a few people here, it was hard to remember everyone's names.

I gulp nervously and lean over, reaching for the bottle. I give it a small spin and lean back to my original spot.

"Okay for seven minutes, you're going in the closet with--"

***********************************
-AUTHORS NOTE-

Just starting out on this story. Don't forget to vote, comment, and add this story to your library. Next Chapter comes out tomorrow(: