chp 6 | a fragment of past

it was still the same night. after the battle with the cursed spirits and a few surprises, mikami collapsed from exhaustion. also blood loss, but that's not important.

silence filled the bedroom. he lay with his hair and clothes in mess. his body slightly flinched, hand moving and settling over his chest. his chest rising and falling with his breathing.

a brown-haired woman entered the bedroom, wearing comfy clothes. she climbed onto the bed and lay down next to mikami. her hand reached for mikami's forehead, checking his body temperature.

she retracted her hand, this time reaching for mikami's cheek. cupping it gently.

Shoko: careless...

shoko moved closer and rested her head on mikami's chest, listening to his heartbeat.

her fingers begin to trace Mikami's stomach in circles, her breathing becoming heavy slowly. she brings her face closer to his, his breath tickling her nose.

Shoko: ohh... I can't help but be mesmerized by that face.

shoko drew even closer, her lips pressed against his. she closed her eyes, reopened them and then pulled away.

Shoko: have a good dream, hun~

she hummed, got off the bed and left the bedroom.

a boy sat in the corner of his room, crying. his mother had just passed away in a car accident. many people mourned her death. his father, aunts, uncles, and other people.

a creak from the door as a man in his middle age, probably around 30-32.

he approached the boy, bending down so that they could see face to face.

"son... come out, your uncle and aunt are looking for you."

the voice was soft yet stern. the man extended his hand towards the boy, only to be met with silence and sobs.

the man sighed, once again he asked his son to come out and talk to his family. and the answer was still the same.

the man groaned, and then sighed. he got up and turned around.

"come out whenever you're ready. we'll be waiting for you."

and the man walked away, leaving the boy alone.

afterwards, the boy's uncle and aunt tried to talk to him. but the boy only replied with-

"don't bother me..."

"leave me alone..."

the boy continued to cry. but for who? who was he crying for? he didn't know anymore. all he knew was that something was missing. someone he cares about. but who is it?

he doesn't know..

until the door opened slightly, and a figure entered his room.

the figure knelt down with a grin. they looked at the boy.

"your mother's death... was not an accident. it was a well-planned performance"

the boy gasped. he looked up and saw a pair of golden eyes staring at him. a smirk watched his expression.

"w-what are you talking about?"

"hoo? you can see me?"

the boy flinched as he looked at the golden eyes shining in the darkness.