CH 1 PAGE 3

If you thought living life paycheck to paycheck was hard, you were now regretting your decision on wishing for the apocalypse to happen.

Having to watch people eat rats, it sickened you but people did so to survive, it's as though the human species were nothing but prey to the infected now. They are nothing by prey for the infected; living in fear while staying hammered down in places like the quarantine zones away from the predators that could easily rip their flesh open, tear them apart. Infect them, make them mindless beings that could see what they were doing for the first stage but can't control themselves, crying as they dig finger nails and teeth into the flesh of a normal being, begging for the sweet, sweet release of death to overcome them as their life slowly flashes before their eyes in the most antagonizing way, until they're fully a flesh craving creature that felt no remorse.

You took good care of Dick, trading any food stamps just to keep him alive, staying in you room most days, taking care of your Tamagotchi pet, talking with the worn machine.

It was safe to say that you lost your fucking mind.

You pocketed Dick, making sure he would somehow fall out of your pocket of your filth covered jeans. The apartment you were holed up in was filthy, covered in moss, black mold, the sign of clear water damage, the hallways of said apartment wasn't so good either.

The place looked like shit, you closed the door behind you, checking around to make sure there wasn't any guards before continuing your way down, anxiously stepping until you were outside, hands shoved into your pockets of your jacket, clearly looking like some type of local drug dealer.

Moving through alleys, you hated such confined spaces, even something as simple as an alleyway, making your heart pump thinking of that day, it made your adrenaline pump just by thinking about how everything happened all so quickly.

A few permanent damages- scars were etched into your feet from the glass that was plunged into it- faint cuts- scratch marks on your arms, scars that were caused due to you scratching yourself whenever you had nightmares about turning, the feeling of your skin ripping open for the fungal to make its way out in the open, those nightmares waking you up in a sweat, sweat that drench your clothes- your bed.

"Hey.." someone fell into step with you, walking beside you.

Turning your attention to her. "Hey Tess."

She placed a hand on your shoulder, keeping it there firmly. "Where have you been?" Curiousity, a common emotion she showed towards you, you'd disappear for days at a time, not know where you were until you finally show up. You gave her a shrug, curtly replying with a; "around." That sent irritation through her veins, yet she didn't say anything about it, only cutting straight to the chase.

"Need you for a job.. you up for It?" Even if you weren't up for it, you had a small debt to pay to her, so of course you only nodded I stead of protesting.

"Oh, well that wasn't pleasing to here." You mumbled, as you stood off to the wall, staring down at the greasy man that sobbed through gritted teeth after having his legs slammed against a metal pole. The chase, that wasn't even a long one, one that had ended so quickly it would've made a straight traditional white man that was having sex keel over in submission.

The guy, Robert was the victim of the beating, pissing Tess off even more with his words.

"I- I gave the guns to the fireflys! I owed them.." He stuttered out quickly, shutting his eyes tightly after having his arm snapped by Joel.

His confession only seemed to piss Tess off even more.

Robert only seem to dig his grave deeper down as he tried to et on Tess's good side by saying "fuck em'! lets get those fireflies!" he grinned nervously hoping the three of you would side with him.

Poor lil rat man, no more daylight for him☹️

"Y'know what would be real funny? If the leader of the fireflies came up asking for Robert... She's behind me isn't she?"

(😈)