~5~

Song: To Be Alone, by: Hozier

~~~

"Have you and Tomas not talked today?"

A dry cough escapes her mouth, "Yeah, no... That's okay, call him down. Please. We have... Just call him, please. And, whoever else too."

Dom was really confused now. And a little worried too.

What does she have to talk to us about? Why was she missing? Why is she so dang sick?

The guys all came down and Tomas was immediately at her side. He kneeled in front of her on the couch, moving hair behind her ears as he held her face in his hands. "You dumbass. No call, no text. Just show up at my house, looking like garbage. You beautiful, beautiful dumbass. What's wrong? Why'd they call for us?"

"Your parents... They stayed in Hawaii, you guys have to come with me."

Dom's eyes visibly widened at her statement, no words out of her mouth were making any sense. It didn't help that it seemed as though she was having a fever dream.

"I was sent to take you guys there. We have to meet them there for a meeting. It's a really long story, I'm sorry, can I get some water?"

"Of course, baby." Tomas goes to fetch her a glass of water and now Ramone had stopped what he was doing and was focusing on the conversation they were all having. Makani had said 'whoever else too,' he would technically apply.

She gulps down her water and lets out a long breath, "You guys... you're mages. Mages of the Lapis Terra Fraternitas... It's your clan."

Excuse me?

"Are you okay? Tomas, get her more water," Dom turns to Monet and whispers, "Is she okay? What is she talking about?"

Her shoulders hesitatingly shrug, "I don't know. She called me to pick her from the airport and we came straight here. M, you good?"

"You guys aren't listening. Your parents are part of it too. That's why they're always gone. And... me too. I-I'm sorry that I lied." She choked out her last words as they merged with another coughing spell.

Dom and Tomas gave each other odd looks. They communicated to one other through their eyes and were both equally as confused and hurt by the sudden confession from Makani. How could she keep that kind of secret? How long did she keep that kind of secret?

Did I ever do anything to make her think she can't trust me? Dom questions.

"So, you've listened to us struggle for years without our parents, you've listened to me, for years, and you kept the truth to yourself?" Tomas slowly letting go of her hands and his face dropping. "I wanted to tell you guys, I swear. I never wanted to keep any of it a secret. I... I-I took an oath. I joined the council when I was really young, a-and I had to replace my mom. It's... really complicated. But, they sent me to come get you. I can't explain much after that-"

"This is all some huge prank, right?" Dom was standing feet away, her upper body leaning against the wall as she chewed on the skin around her nails. "I mean, this isn't real. Magic isn't real."

Makani held onto Monet's shoulder as she stood and rasped out, "You've been feeling awful since last night, haven't you? Weird things happen? You feel sick but you have no actual sickness?" Dom's face visibly pales.

My awful anxiety. The headaches. That stupid freakin' locker.

"It could just be coincidence. Those happen all the time. I'm not going to believe some-some story-"