Interlude I: Peak into the Past

Song: Would That I: Hozier

~~~

300 Years Earlier...

"My love, what is the plan for supper?" Abaddon approaches Colette, wrapping his strong arms around his wife. A small giggle escapes her plum-red lips while she cuts up the herbs for their meals. His hands slowly wandered down her middle region reaching for the hem of her kikepa and she swiftly smacked them away.

"No touching! I'm not finished and I smell like raw fish," she argued.

A low groan escapes his lips and he bites lovingly on her ear, "Not even the smell of fish couldn't push me away, darling."

The aroma of thyme and cooked fish surrounded the air around them. Right as Colette created the fire to cook the fish, she uses her water ability to swiftly clean the mess and remaining spices from her hands.

"Supper should be ready soon, my heart." She goes to kiss his cheek before he cheekily turns his face to meet her lips, subtly staining his own with her lip color.

Her smile grows to reveal the slight gap between her front teeth, a smile that Abaddon would never get tired of.

There is a knock on their door and Abaddon goes to open it. Before reaching for the wooden handle, the yells from outside were loud and clear, "Abomination! Bastard! Wench!" A cement block gets thrown through their open window. Immediately, Abaddon throws his body on top of Colette, both of them falling to the ground. He holds her head securely in his arms as they wait for the mob outside to leave.

She covers her face as they tumble, her choking sobs covered up by the ruckus. He kept her shielded as he looked around. He knew that they were shunned and unaccepted in the village, he didn't expect a brick in the window and a crowd so early in the morning to remind them of their awful luck.

He starts humming along to a whistle melody from the strong winds outside. As he hums, he holds his wife on the ground and strokes her hair. She finds herself tucked firmly into his chest, holding on for dear life.

She knew what marrying Abaddon entailed and the consequences of element merging, it still did not make being the village's shunned any easier. 

He starts to hum a Polynesian nursery rhyme and moves to carry Colette. Her arms wrapped tightly around his neck as she listens to his quiet hums of the familiar song she grew up with.

He sets her down and holds her tanned face in his hands. He kisses each of her cheeks, then her forehead, then her nose, and finally her wet lips. The lingering tears clouded her vision as she opened her eyes to face her husband.

As he hums, he holds her shaky hands and starts to slightly sway.

The swaying calmed her racing heart and brought a light red tint to her cheeks as they danced together. She was the luckiest woman in this village and didn't care if they were shunned until the end of time.

"I adore you, Mr.Kahue."

"As do I, Mrs.Kahue."

~~~