~11~

Song: A Little Respect, by: Erasure

~~~

"A Jeep? Are we allowed to go off-roading? Please say yes," Kevin enthusiastically asks as he takes a lap around the beautiful car. He steps into the passenger side, feeling up the exquisite leather seats while trying his best to hide his excitement.

"And it's ours to take?" Dom asks Makani.

Makani gives the keys to Kevin and his shock continues. "I don't think we're all gonna fit in there, Tomas and I can ride in the other car."

"There's another car to take?"

Makani holds up the keys to a Mercedes-Benz and gives them to Tomas. "You're a way better driver than me." Tomas holds the key in his hand as if it would break at the slightest movement. He lets out squeals higher than a little kid in a candy store and points to the key while yelling at Kevin, "Man, look at this! A benz!"

"You're fucking lying." Kevin gets out of the jeep and follows Tomas to a jet-black Mercedes-Benz. There was a massive screen for the dashboard and a gorgeous red interior, adding the perfect touch to the luxury vehicle.

"Goddamn." Dom's smile becomes hard to hide as she watches her friends appreciate the vehicles they were given. Overcome by emotion and excitement, her eyes start to gloss up. Blinking away the ghosts of tears, she pulls on Kevin's bicep and drags him over to the Jeep.

"We have money to spend, guys!"

~~~

"Guys, I feel like I'm in a rocket ship! Your car does not compare to this!" Kevin sped down the road to the nearest shopping center that held stores they might recognize.

"Don't disrespect Bertha! She's gotten us everywhere for a while now! You too, you ingrate!" Dominique smacks him across the face from the passenger seat. "You can't slap the driver while he's driving!"

"I just did! And I'll do it again!" She prepares to smack him again, but Elijah grabs her hand from the backseat, ensuring that she doesn't hit Kevin again.

"The man is driving and I'm in the car! I'd like to survive, you crazy woman!"

"Oh, you're definitely not surviving now!" Dom unbuckles her seatbelt and reaches into the backseat to strangle Elijah as he thrashes in his seat, bumping into Monet and Ramone.

"Noo!"

~~~

"Ooo, this place looks nice. I want to try and find some linen pants," Dom goes to open the doors to the small boutique but Ramone quickly beats her to the handle. "I got it." She goes in, not acknowledging him opening the door for her and starts browsing.

She looks through the racks of endless summer clothing and picks various pieces that would look nice together. She would bring a hanger out, look at the article, and daydream about potential outfits. Just because they're here for what could be considered 'work', doesn't mean she can't look stylish while she does it.

"Let me hold those," Ramone reaches under Dom's full arms and gracefully holds all of her hangers and loose garments in his left arm. He proceeds to follow her around the cramped store and scroll mindlessly through his phone with his free hand. He would look up on occasion when he hears her pick up a hanger to give his unsolicited opinion.

"But, those stripes will make you look short. You're already pretty small."

"Uh huh? And what do you know about fashion, Darth Vader?" Dom folds her arms and rebuts, referring to his current assortment of dark, alternative clothing.