Chapter 12 - Jealous (part 1)

Soft gentle breeze flow, slightly blowing Augustine and Winnie's hair as they walk in this quite of comfortable silence side by side.
Cyclists passing them while small leaves slowly falls down from the trees. It was very pleasant for the two to finally just ease for the moment and like Winnie said it really did helped Augustine to calm his head down. Which Augustine is very thankful of.

Despite it being summer it doesn't really seems to bother the two.

"So Auggie got any girlfriend?"

Winnie questions out of the blue interrupting the build up silence from earlier.

"Why did you ask that all of the sudden..? No I don't have one..."

Augustine mumbles the last part but looking at the blonde's expression he probably heard him. After a long paused Augustine decided to throw back the question.

"Well me neither."

Augustine takes a glance at Winnie and its not hard to tell from his expression it just seems that-he looks relieved?

"Auggie look!-Lets get some ice cream!"

Winnie cheerly pointed out a near by ice cream truck.Augustine signs as a smile forms in his face.

"How can I say no if you're always like that..."

"Hehe I don't know!"

Winnie responded tilting his head slightly. Augustine can never know where Winnie got this kind of habit from but seeing him do that just makes Augustine's heart flustters with cuteness.

After debating on who will be the one paying Augustine wins this time regardless of Winnie's persistence the blonde eventually let his best friend pay as he lets out a stubborn sign they continue to eat in a nearby bench.

"You know you didn't have to do that Auggie..."

"Its fine since you're always be the one paying all the time I just thought of maybe repaying you."

Winnie was struck as heat creeps up onto his face turning it into a light pink hue. Did he hear that right??? If you can hear Winnie's mind right now the only thing you'll hear is his thoughts shouting like a high school girl.

"If its for you..."

Words slip out of his mouth.

"Hm? Did you say something Winn?"

"H-huh? OHh nope!"

His face went into full red feeling the sense of embarrassment, causing him to stutter because he hasn't realized yet that some words made it out of his mind. 'If its for you I'm willing to spend anything.'

"Oh okay.?"

There was a hint of suspicion in Augustine's voice although Winnie just simply brush it off as if he didn't almost say something out loud.

After that response Winnie can obviously tell they're about to go silent again but this time instead of being pleasant and reminiscing it will just be an ackward tension between them.

In which Winnie can handle this particular feeling IF it happens between him and his peers (excluding Augustine) but when it comes to his best friend, his soo called "nonchalant personality" is nowhere to be found. Regardless of who the blonde is bonding with it will always differ when it comes to the brown headed boy.

And looking at his current situation if he doesn't open his mouth they might find themselves in that 'ackward silence' Winnie is thinking about.

C'mon think..

"Auggie now to think of it...its almost time for dinner! And I've been thinking of checking out this place a while ago."

"Hm what place?"

"The one...we passed by earlier-"

Augustine suddenly trips making him lose his balance and cutting Winnie off as he clings for support.

Augustine's hands was holding tightly at Winnie's elbow causing the other to let out a low groan at the weigh while reaching a hand to help his best friend the groan from before was slowly turning into small giggles.

"Sorry I trip..."

Augustine apologizes as Winnie lets out a soft giggle.

"Its fine Auggie! I rather endure the pain than you almost grabing my pants down."

Embarrassed Augustine apologizes again in which Winnie reassures him its fine and not to worry. Augustine didn't buyed his reassurance beacause still Winnie was giggling at him, Augustine gives him light hits on the shoulder as he turns his head away.

"Oh! Augustine didn't expect you here!"

A familiar voice making its presence. As someone aproach them looking like the same age as they're makes his way over to the pair.

"Who's that Augustine?"