Chapter 38

_ . _

Chapter 38

"Ugh..." Samael groaned softly, his eyelashes fluttering as he slowly opened his eyes, finding himself lying on the bed inside the chamber of their abode. Samael rubbed his left eye and slowly got up from the bed, still in a daze as he murmured to himself, "It was like I'm in a long dream."

"Did you have a good night's sleep?" Samael turned to his side. The young king's drowsy smile greeted him while his hands crawled onto Samael's waist. 

They were both bare-naked under the thick blanket on the mattress, both immersed in the intense pleasure they shared inside the bathroom. Thinking about it, Samael can already feel the sore pain on his back as he replies with an annoyed expression. "I'm not sure, Erich."

Erichthonius pouted his lips and stared at him. "You're too stingy first thing in the morning."

Samael glanced at the window and replied, "Idiot, it's already afternoon."

Erichthonius chuckled and replied, "I apologize; I wasn't able to track the time because I was mesmerized by your beauty."

Samael scowled at him. "That's the most embarrassing thing I've ever heard from you, Your Majesty."

Erichthonius frowned. "Come on, can you at least blush a little bit?"

Samael stood up from the bed, covering his naked body with the blanket as he replied. "I believe I'll only blush in moments when I really feel like it." Saying those words, the young king pursed his lips and crossed his arms, averting his gaze with a frown on his face.

"Raya," Samael called out. A woman's voice immediately replied to his call, "Yes, My Lord?"

"Serve us some food to eat."

"Right away, My Lord," Raya replied, followed by a rushing sound of footsteps straying further away from their chamber.

Samael walked towards the mirror table and stared at the small glowing twig that he received from Apollo, staring intently at its peculiar purple color. The Twig of Emotion from the Ancient Tree of Life. If it means that it's from the Ancient Tree, then how did Mother plant it? She was a mortal back then. Could it be that it's from Demeter herself, and Mother took responsibility for taking care of it?

Samael heaved a heavy breath and shifted his gaze from the window. It's no use to think about it myself. As Apollo said, I should ask Artemis about this. It might be helpful to stop the curse.

He then glanced at the young king, who was helping himself with a warm cup of tea. Samael joined him on the sofa, and Erichthonius poured him a teacup. 

"Do you have business for today?" Samael asked. Erichthonius grinned and answered with a smile. "None."

'What's with that creepy look of yours?"Samael said as he scowled at him. The young king's smile instantly faded, and he replied to him with a pout on his lips, "I was just happy."

"Happy about what?"

"It's like you're asking me out."

"Well, you've hit the nail on the head," Samael replied as he sipped on his tea. "Because we're going out."

The young king smiled and replied, "I see. I'll tell the servants to get us ready after we eat."

"Mmn." Samael nodded in response.