Chapter 10

I panted as I rolled down and layed on my back after five minutes of non-stop sprinting.

Monologue? No time. Too tired. Maybe later.

If I hadn't gotten a copy of a stamina type quirk that improves efficiency, I would've already passed out on the two minute mark.

"B-break! Gimme a break!" I gasped as I tried to ignore the burning feeling in my everywhere. Thank god for the healing quirk copy that I got, no matter how weak it is my suffering was made short.

"Alright. I'll give you a five minute water break." My father said as he fiddled a bit with his tablet. A moment later I heard the sweet sounds of the straps wrapped around my legs give out a low whine, indicating of its deactivation.

What did it deactivated you ask? Well, its the adaptive and strong magnets that pulls itself towards the floor, serving as weights during my sprint.

From what my father said the magnets were calibrated to simulate 15 kilograms of weight on each leg. To some it doesn't sound much, 30 kilograms worth of weight on an eight year old boy's legs for training is brutal, one can just call it abuse. Especially if said boy was told to do a full-on sprint for five minutes straight.

Good thing I had several strength type quirks that also applies to legs. They may not be that strong individually, but I can stack them up for the goal of the exercises to be doable. Hard, but still doable.

My father walked up to me and handed me a water canteen. With a light panting thanks I grabbed the canteen from his hand and looked at him when I noticed something.

"Really?" I gave him an unamused look as he handed me a five kg container- what the hell is this thing even made of? Tungsten?

"You want to be a hero right? And Komachi-chan wants her big brother to be the best hero there is-"

"I get it! I get it! Geez!" I twisted the cap of open with more force than needed and felt my eyebrow twitched when I felt a unusual resistance with the cap.

Sigh... I swear to god... if I ended up looking like All Might next week I'll-!

"Four minutes..." my father said, causing me to guzzle down the offered drink challenge in no time.

"After break we will be adding magnets on your torso. So get ready." My father said as he walked away, probably to get those magnets he mentioned.

I didn't bother standing up as the last of my body's soreness finally went away, allowing me to savour the last three minutes of my break. Looking around, I'm still blown away by how advanced this training area my father have underneath his office building.

Earlier when I got here the training area was filled with robots putting away gizmos to the storage area to clear up, revealing an empty room the size of a track field.

I don't know how he managed to put this huge training area together while a few buildings and their parking spaces sits unknowingly on top of it.

It still amazes me on how he managed to do all of this in only a few years.

A few minutes later after my water break, my father came back with a small drone flying next to him. I quickly noticed that the drone has a screen attached to it, revealing my mother and Komachi behind said screen.

"Hi, Onii-chan!" Komachi waved in the screen with my mother doing the same. Mother and Komachi asked how my training is going and my father was quick to shower me with praises on managing to do the exercises that kids older than me would have difficulties on finishing.

"Really? Well, it's Hachi-kun we're talking about here, he's a really impressive boy. That's why I'm always proud of him~!" I felt my face heat up a bit at the praise, but I took it head on and allowed the strength of a thousand men to fill my veins.