Chapter four: back to school

And now it is time for chapter four. Thank you all for commenting, voting and most of all, reading my book thus far. I really do appreciate for all the support and feedback on this book. I hope you enjoy this chapter, and I do apologize for the late update.
Enjoy!

-Moondust
(Edited: 17 July 2018)
____________________________
Previously:

"Please Mrs Jackson, call me Fred. And you don't need to worry about payment. The fact that he is alright is all the payment I need. I couldn't do anything for his ancle. I've wrapped it up the best I can. he should be able to walk on it in 2 weeks. Now, I need to get going. My father will not be impressed if I stay out any longer than I already have. I bid you farewell ma'am."

With that, he walked out of the room and out the house, flashing back to his father. Sally kneld down by her son's bed and held his hand, kissed him on the head and tucked him in bed. she lef the room, casting him a loving smile before closing the door.

Present:

After a few days, Percy was able to walk again, albeit slowly and stiffly. His friends on the other hand, had been worried sick and had tried contacting him for the 2 weeks he was at home. Percy just ignored the attempts of cantact though. He didn't want them to worry.

Percy got up slowly, being careful not to damage himself more than he already is. His ancle was healed enough for him to walk on, but he couldn't put too much pressure on it. His ribs still throbbed slightly and his back was still a bit tender. He walked slowly to the bathroom to take a shower and brush his teeth. He then proceeded to get ready for school and pack his bag.

He was in the process of stuffing a book into his bag when his mum walked into his room, giving the door a soft knock. Percy turned around and looked at his mum, giving her a soft smile.

"Percy hon, are you sure you want to go to school today?"

Percy nodded his head and zipped his bag closed, slipping it onto his shoulder and smiling at his mum again.

"Oh alright sweetie. Just be careful, okay? I don't want to here that you got hurt again on your first day back to school from recovery."

Percy nodded his head and gave his mum a hug, kissing her cheek before walking out of the house. He walked to the bus stop and sat down on the bench, not in the mood to walk to school.

After some time of waiting, the bus came and before Percy knew it, he was back at school. He slowly walked through the main doors and made his way to his locker, avoiding all the people in his way. He stuffed his things into the locker and headed to his home room class.

He tapped his pocket, making sure he had his notebook and pen with him before walking into the classroom and sitting in his seat by the window. He was staring out the window, thinking when a hand landed on his shoulder, making him unintentionally jump and flinch slightly. He turned to look at who it was, only to see Annabeth and the gang standing behind him.

"Where on earth have you been? We've been worried sick about you!" Annabeth whisper yelled, causing Percy to shy away from her and look down shamefully.

Thalia slapped Annabeth's head, reprimanding her for being harsh. She then turned to Percy and said in a quiet and soothing voice, "Percy, we care about you. You were gone for 2 weeks and we had no idea what was wrong. I understand that Annabeth stepped out of line when she whisper yelled at you, but she worried the most while you were gone."