Chapter seven: whelp, that just happened

And I am back with yet another chapter update. I'm a terrible author. I know that. I have left you guys waiting long enough. I apologise for that. I've just been so so busy and so so stressed lately with school and exams and stuff. But that shouldn't be an excuse to not write.
This chapter is dedicated to all you lovely readers for being patient with me. It wasy birthday on the 21st of september and I felt bad, so I decided to gift you with a chepter.

I just want to thank you all for supporting me with this book and ecouraging me to carry on. Anyway, on with the story! Enjoy. ^^
-Moondust
(Edited: 23 September 2019)
-------------------------------
Previously:

"What the hell just happened?"

Charles gulped and scratched the back of his neck nervously, shifting from foot to foot as all eyes turned to him.

"Well, from what I could make of the situation, his step parent, I'm guessing it's a step father, phoned him and told him to come home, hence the urgency that he left in. He apologised for that by the way."

Leo perked up and bounced to the front, turning to Charles with fascination.

"How do you know that? Can you read minds? Can Percy use telepathy?"

Annabeth turned and glared at Leo in exaggeration.

"Don't be rediculous Leo. Obviously Charles got the message through Percy's eyes. We all know he's good at reading people and their eyes."

Hazel decided to speak up, voicing the one thing that was on everyone else's mind as well.

"Will Percy be alright?"

Present:

The next day Percy wasn't at school. Annabeth and the others were concerned especially after the discovery of his abuse. Annabeth doubted it was his mother. She was too much of a sweetheart to do something like that and she could tell just by looking at her that she loved her son dearly. Sighing, she began to think of ways to help Percy without alerting the authorities. She figured he didn't want people to know, because he had kept quiet about it for so long. She guessed he was threatened if he were to talk about it... Or to talk in general. She frowned as she tried to sort her thoughts out.

They had only known Percy for a shprt while, but the group already felt as though they knew him for years. Charles and Salina felt a parental bond to him, seeing as they were older than the rest of the group, and the others cared for him and wanted to help him. But they didn't know how.

Meanwhile, back at the Jackson's household, Percy dragged himself to his room, trying to suppress the cry of pain threatening to escape from between his lips. When he had gotten home the night before, Gabe beat him bad. Percy feared his back was brocken or something. He knew tjay a few ribs were cracked and bruised and his leg was in pretty bad shape.

He mamaged to get to the passage when he collapsed back on the floor from exhaustion. How the hell am I supposed to make it to my room in this state, let alone school tomorrow. Someone, anyone, help me get out of this hell. That thought stayed in his head for a while. It came up often after a beating, but then he remembered Gabe threatening to hurt his mom and the thought went away instantly.

Sighing, he fished his phone from his pocket, wincing as he did so, and saw that he had a few messages from his friends asking if he was ok. Friends. How the hell did that happen. Last night I had thought they would hate me and leave me alone after that discovery.