Fifteen

Kaia smiled as she couldn't believe they were inside. A safe place for her and Lori to have the babies, but Lori was due anytime as she wasn't. Last night came back after they told them about the prisoners they have found, but she was safe as she has Rick. Rick was speaking to Daryl when he saw his wife and son walking together as they were enjoying the sun. Hearing something, Kaia grabbed her gun. "Carl."

"Hmm."

"If I say walker, scream it." He nodded as she walked to see them coming in. "Walkers."

"Walkers!" Carl called out as he ran to Lori.

Kaia started shooting as Beth grabbed her. "Come on." She says. "We need to get you to safety."

"Kaia!"

"Rick!"
~~~
Kaia hid with Beth and Hershel as the shooting went on outside. The pregnant Grimes was worried as there were so many. The shooting continued to get louder as Kaia wished to be with her husband and son, but Carl ran to protect Lori, which she was thankful for because she made sure he was safe before running.

"Are you okay?" Hershel asked her.

"Yeah. Just worried about Rick and Carl."

"I'm sure they are safe." He tells her. "Right now, we need to make sure the baby is okay."

"Trust me, the baby is doing just fine." She tells them. "I didn't do much and this one isn't ready just yet."

Hershel nodded, but he still wanted to keep a check on her. Kaia may not be due at the moment, but he was worried as Lori, something told him that it may be too late for her.

Quietness was all they heard. Hershel looked at them as Kaia grabbed the gun and walked to the door. "Stay behind me." She tells them as she opened it to see nothing. "It's clear."

Walking out of the room they hid in, Rick saw his wife and ran to her. She smiled as he kissed her causing her to smiled. They pulled back as Linda asked about Lori when Maggie and Carl walked out. Seeing his parents, Carl ran to them and hugged them as he cried. 'I killed her."

Kaia looked at Rick hurt as someone they knew well was dead. Pulling his family close, Rick held Kaia and Carl tight. The cries of Linda Dixon meant one thing. The girl was grieving. Hard. "Rick..."

"I love you." Was all he said.

"Why did it had to be her?"

That was something Rick didn't know what to say as he never thought of it either. Carl looked at his parents. 'Mom, she said to continue calling you mom because she wasn't much of one when she thought dad was dead." He tells her. "Mom wanted me to tell you that she loves you, mom and to keep dad happy like you always did."

Rick smiled as he looked at Kaia. "It should have been her from the start, but I was stupid at the time and didn't follow my instincts when I should have." He says kissing her head. "Let's go in."

"What's the baby's name?"

"Judith." Carl tells them. "I named her."

"Then you can name this one when he or she is born." Rick tells him as he walked over to Maggie. "Kaia, want to hold your niece?"

Kaia saw her brother in this baby and smiled. "I would love to hold Judith."

Linda watched them go inside as Daryl held her. She would have to hold her daughter soon. It was a promise that she made to Lori.