Six

Kaia kept looking back wondering about the shot. "Still worried?" She heard as she nodded.

"Somethings not right." She said. "Rick nor Shane wouldn't risk shooting a gun."

They nodded, but Kaia saw the looks. "Okay, I actually had enough." She said. "Andrea, if you want the damn gun then have it." She shoved the gun in her hand and looked at Carol. "We are doing everything we can to find Sophia alive. So stop blaming Rick." Kaia sighed. "I didn't see anyone reacting fast like I did besides Rick. Sophia is a smart girl. She made one simple mistake thinking the close was clear. She is somewhere's safe."

"Thank you."

Andrea held the gun out for Kaia to take making her nod as she took it back. They started heading back towards the highway.
~~~
As they continued their walk back to the highway, they heard screaming. "Andrea!" Carol cried out as they all ran just to see a woman on the house hit the walker with a bat.

"Kaia Walsh?"

"That would be me." She said. "How did you know..."

"Rick sent me. I need you to come with me."

"Why?"

"Carl's been shot."

Kaia didn't have a second thought as she got on the horse. She heard Daryl's protest, but she didn't care as Maggie gave directions to the farm and rode off. Kaia needed to get to Rick and Carl. "Tell me what you know what happened. Please."
~~~
Rick was outside when he saw Kaia. He walked off the porch after speaking to Hershel and hugged her as she cried. "Shane went to get the supplies with Otis."

"I want to see him." She tells him.

Rick nodded as they walked in. She saw Carl as soon as she walked into the room that held him. Rick watched her go to his side crying as she grabbed his hand. Rick walked over to her and kissed her head as she cried. She grabbed his hand as this was something she never thought would happen.

Later, Kaia listened to Rick telling her the story that always brought a smile to her face. "You've heard this before."

"Rick, I didn't care how many times you bring it up. It always brings back memories." She tells him when they heard coughing. "Baby?"

"Carl?"

"You should have seen it." Carl says.

"Seen what, baby?"

Carl went to say something, but froze. Kaia looked worry till he started seizing causing Hershel to run in. "Do something!"

"I can't. He's having a seizure."

Kaia got out of Rick's arm and ran outside. She couldn't stand there and watched Carl go through this. Rick watched as she left and sighed.
~~~
Kaia sat outside crying. "Kaia, I'm going to go..."

"No, the hell you're not." She tells him. "I can't do this without and two, you are the only blood source Carl has."

"He has to the surgery without the machine."

"I'm not losing my baby, Rick." She tells him as she stood up. "We do the surgery."

Rick nodded as he kissed her. They walked back in just for Rick to give more blood. She heard someone arriving and looked to see Linda, Glenn, and T-Dog. "We're here." Glenn said as Linda walked over and hugged her.

'He will be okay."

"We're waiting for Shane still." Kaia says. "Thanks for coming."

They nodded as they walked out of the room. Kaia looked at Rick and walked over to him to kiss him. "I love you." She tells him. "Did you tell Hershel?"

"Not yet because we need to discuss more on this."

Kaia nodded as they sat down and discussed the issue till they heard another vehicle. They looked to see Otis's truck, but Kaia noticed one was missing. Otis. Shane hugged her, but she had a very bad feeling about her brother. She hugged him back at least because she didn't want to be questioned by her brother. "Thank you."

"I did it for him and for my sister."

Kaia watched as he went in, but knew. He did it for Lori not her and not Rick. "I'm going to keep a close eye on you, Shane. Something about you is not right." She mumbled as she went to Rick.
~~~
"He's going to make it." Kaia tells Linda. "I hate that they are telling Patricia the news."

"Hey, why don't you go see Carl. He needs his mom."

Kaia nodded as she walked in. Linda smiled and hopes that they find Sophia soon.