Eighteen

Carl stood in the room with his parents as he heard Kaia screaming and crying. Kaia was giving birth to their baby. She was in so much pain, but she had to get the baby out. Rick kissed her head smiling. "Keep pushing baby." He tells her. "We get to meet our baby."

Kaia looked at him smiling. "Rick, no more till later."

"Not promising."

Kaia laughed as she continued to push. Carl looked at Beth as she held Judith watching the birth. A birth that some gets to see. "I see the head."

Rick looked at his wife and knew she was tired. Yet, she had to keep pushing. Rick didn't pay attention to how long it has been, but he couldn't wait for the birth of their child.
~~~
The screaming stopped and the sound of a baby's cry was heard. It wasn't Judith meaning Kaia and Rick just had their baby. Carl ran to his parents and saw them holding a baby. "Say hello to your baby brother."

"Does he have a name?"

"No." Kaia tells him sleepily. "We wanted you to name him."

Carl looked at his brother and smiled as he thought of a boy's name. "Dylan Grimes."

Kaia looked at her husband as she will agree. That name was perfect causing Rick to look at him. "Dylan is a good name." He tells Carl as he looked back at Kaia. "I think we need to clean Dylan up while mom sleeps."

"Did she hold him?"

"Yes." He tells him. "I gave Dylan to her first then she started falling asleep. We'll let her get some rest." Kissing her head, Kaia looked at him. "I love you, Kaia."

"I love you, Rick."

"Get some rest mom."

Kaia smiled as they walked away with Dylan. Laying her head on her pillow, Kaia slowly drifted off to sleep thinking of the return of Maggie, Glenn and the rest that went to save them.