Chapter 50

With their upcoming tour across 5 countries in the next month, they were busy planning and rehearsing. He still made sure he called you amidst all the chaos. They were super quick calls where he would say Hi and update you on what was happening around.

It was sometimes when the boys were taking a breather between the practice, or when they had a cup of instant ramen, sometimes he would facetime just after shower, and you watched him dry his hair and get ready for the day as you spoke about random things.

On many occasions, he would apologize for not being able to listen to you or know what's bothering you from work or life in general. You both missed deep talks, you missed flirting with each other.

You would always assure him that you'd find time to do all of it after the tour.

He would never forget to send flowers, gifts and chocolates home. Every week you would find something at your doorstep. It was his way of saying you were on his mind always. It upset you that you couldn't do the same for him as he kept traveling and didn't know where he would be the next day.

Among the boys, Jin and Kookie called you regularly, to check if their friend was treating their sister well. Jimin had called a couple of times because he missed you, he still had lingering feelings for you. Hobi had called once randomly. These boys were gems. They never made you feel left out or ignored. These gestures helped you endure that difficult month.

And then there was the tour, which you tried your best to attend but couldn't due to work. It helped that you were busy too. Hook or crook, you wanted to be with him for his birthday. It was his first birthday with you. You wrapped up the most important things quickly to free your schedule for September.

It was one last concert on a Friday, which meant they would have a Weverse live, a rather relaxed one. You didn't want to miss it, so you got back home quickly, considering the time zones. As expected, your boys went live expressing gratitude and sharing their individual experiences. Everybody knew how much the boys loved concerts and the audience.

You too expressed your appreciation for their work. They particularly would read all your comments with an almost non-existent smile. Joonie would randomly sign 'heart' with a sweet smile to melt you. They made you feel special always, you cherished your sweet little secret.

They finally said goodbye, so you proceed to do the dishes. Almost immediately, you hear a familiar tune. Across the screen, you see the same seven faces in the same positions.

"Hi my loves!!! Cheers on yet another successful tour. Did you enjoy yourselves?", you beamed.

"Noona, we missed talking to you. How are you doing? Did you miss us?", little bunny spoke.

"Off course yes Kookie, I missed you all. You must be tired, go get some sleep. We can talk later, it's okay", you couldn't see their exhausted faces.

"Namjoonah has been missing you like crazy, he wants to talk to you. Thought we would say hi and leave the love birds alone", Jin said yawning.

You just blush in response and one by one, the boys leave with a promise to catch up soon. Except Suga, he just said bye. You were aware that he didn't like you very much. Anyway, you can't have everything in the world.

Once you both were alone, he came closer to the camera. He hadn't spoken a single word yet. All he did was look at you, making you conscious.

"Heyyy! You have to say something", you wave your hand to get his attention.

"I love you so much", he blurts.

"I know it already, say something new", you tease.

"Come to me, my arms and my bed miss you", he pouts.

There he was your cutie patootie. "I want to squish your cheeks", you touch the screen where his cheeks were.

"Are you still my girlfriend? You haven't changed your mind in a month?" he uses your exact words on you.

"Oh right! I was really thinking about that. If you would have been away a few more days, I would have married the man next door", you choose sarcasm over affirmation.

He opens his mouth wide at your unexpected response, with a frown he glares at you.

"Then go to him, don't waste time with this busy fool", he starts being petty and you loved it.

"You're holding me here Namjoon. He's been waiting for me for the past 30 minutes", you smirk.

"Okay then bye y/n good night", he proceeds to end the call to stop your act.

"Aniya aniya", you chuckle, "uri Joonie's love language is affirmations, right?"

"Yes my love, I am your girlfriend and I love you more every day. Wish I could kiss you to show how much", you groan.

He turns pink and hides his face with his palms. "My girl, just mine mine mine", he blows many many kisses. The sound of your amused laughter echoes.

"If you don't mind, can I ask for a birthday gift? You will be here right?", he speaks softly, as if second guessing his words.

"It's my boyfriend's birthday and finally I'll get to celebrate with him. Why would I miss it? Tell me what you want", you smile.

He thinks for a few seconds, shifts in his place, trying to look for the right words.

"I want to make you mine that night. Please?", he asks looking down.

You took a few seconds to comprehend what he meant. Oops, birthday sex! You were planning it as a surprise to him. It won't be a surprise anymore. Ottoke?

Seeing you lost in thoughts, he regrets immediately.

"Baby I'm sorry for asking. Please forget I said that", he panics.

Seeing him guilty and worried, you give up your surprise. "Hey, I'm not mad chill. I was planning it as a surprise for you but since you asked it's no longer a surprise", you pout sadly at him.

He breathes a sigh of relief. And then as realization dawns, he smiles naughtily.

"Don't stress yourself on a gift or a surprise, you are my birthday gift", he winks.

"Ya right. Who was I kidding? You are my millionaire boyfriend, what can I supposedly gift you?", you wonder.

"A lot of things!", he flirts again. "Yah Namjoonah! Don't do this to me when you're on the other side of the world. I'll go before you turn me on further."

"Haha alright my little kido, I'll let you go now. Sleep well and sweet dreams, love you!", he kisses the webcam.

You wave him bye and start brainstorming again. Giving surprises was your love language.