Aftermath pt 2

Knuckles POV

"Is everything alright?" Sonic asked.... We all were crying... Amy and Tails were bawling, Shadow and Eggman were hiding their faces and everyone else... Including me, were just looking at Sonic in disbelief with hot tears streaming down our faces... Sonic.. he looked so.... blank.. and confused. Nothing like the Sonic with his memories.

Tails said he had something hit his head and needs rest, tucked Sonic in, and left before he could bawl anymore. Everyone else left the room as well.... Except for me. I just stood in shock. How could Sonic lose his memories from that blow I thought,  sure it was a strong hit and there was a blinding light.. but Sonic has suffered through worse conditions that could've also made him lose memories from fights... Why now? Why did he lose his memories when he made the blow...?... It made no sense to me.

I sat on the edge of the bed Sonic was laying on to catch my breath.. "why was everyone crying?" I jumped at the sound of Sonic's voice, I didn't think he was still awake and eating me think to myself.. "Sorry, did I wake you?" "No, I just don't feel tired, can you answer my question, why was everyone crying when I woke up?" ..this made me wonder.. if he forgot about his friends but remembers his dead name and family, how old was he before he met Tails.. and does he think he's that age now?

"So-... Maurice.. we were all crying because you were out friend.. well not everyone's friend but you made a big impact and now we see that you lost you memories.. of us." He stared blankly before saying, "Oh... I'm sorry.." "It's not your fault, you must've bashed your head pretty hard. We were all just scared.. when we realized you lost your memories."

"Could you perhaps tell me what happened?" 'Maurice' asked, his tone of voice sounding so much more different than the Sonic we knew. "Wellll... It is a long, long story but to sum it up, we were in the middle of a battle and once you used the most powerful form you had, you put out the final blow, but that blow must've gone to your brain or however amnisia works." He was taking in everything I said when he realized.. "Wait.. powerful 'form'??" "Uhh, yeah.. that's going to be a story for another time." I admit I'm not smart but I know enough to not overwhelm someone with information they don't know about or forgot, amnisia wise. "You want something to eat or do you need rest?" I asked. "Ehh.. I think I would like a nap then I could go for a couple chili dogs," go figure, he still knows all about chili dogs. "I'll see you after I wake up ... Uhhhm.." "Call me Knuckles or Knux." "Right, see you later, Knux. " He gave a soft smile before dozing off. He sure does fall asleep as fast as he can run... I tucked him in, closed the blinds, and left the room. I figured I could.. reintroduce.. him to Tails when he wants to eat.