Catch Me If You Can

|Unknown Island on the Grand Line|

Astera lies on the deck of the boat, her arm hanging over the edge with her camouflage engaged. She watches a green flame flicker atop one of the two candles mounted at each front corner of Mihawk's ship, as she gently blows air across it. As they approach what appears to be an uninhabited island, the sound of a distant commotion grows louder. Peering over the side, she observes a group of men, all tense and glistening with sweat, their nervous energy radiating through the atmosphere. Disinterested in interacting, she rolls her eyes and reclines fully on the deck, fashioning a makeshift pillow from her balled-up cardigan.

Mihawk guides the boat ashore and, rising from his seat, steps over Astera as he makes his way to the beach.

"I suppose you will remain here?" He inquires.

With a lazy flick of her hand, Astera bids Mihawk farewell as he disimbarks. When he travels up the grassy shore, the grumbles of discontent from the men drift towards her, their tones laced with unease.

"Why are you here?!"

Curiosity piqued by the commotion, Astera shifts, propping up on her elbows. Her eyes scan the shore, searching for the source of the disturbance.

"Answer me, Hawkeye!" The man demands pointing a sword toward Mihawk.

After witnessing Mihawk's abilities over the past few weeks, Astera finds the scene laughable. Unable to contain her amusement at the man's vain attempt at intimidation, she nudges Jinx, directing her gaze to the spectacle. Together, they snicker quietly at the man's misfortune. Their laughter earns them a pointed glare from the men, at which Astera's eyes widen, caught red-handed. Reacting quickly, she lies back down to escape the scrutiny.

"Just calm down. Where is your leader? My business is with him." Mihawk commands.

Astera hears the patter of feet as one of the men dashes off. She maneuvers to stay hidden behind the edge of the boat, then sneakily peeks over, continuing her covert observation.

"Camping out on an island, what a carefree man." Mihawk states, his voice tinged with a hint of cynicism.

Jinx joins Astera in her spying endeavor. Curious about whom Mihawk might be referring to, Astera gives Jinx a questioning look. Jinx merely shrugs in response. To Astera, it seems Mihawk knows this person, yet she can't recall him ever mentioning any friends.

Without waiting for the man's return, Mihawk starts heading toward an open area of the jungle, lightly shaded by a few palm trees. Astera, now deeply intrigued by the identity of the person Mihawk has come to meet, hastily slings her tote over her shoulder. She artfully arranges her wild, wavy hair across her chest and over one shoulder, concealing her scars beneath a natural veil of tresses.

Stepping nimbly from the boat to the shore, she watches Mihawk's retreating figure with keen interest. Keeping a cautious distance, she decides to trail him, Jinx following closely behind. The men start whispering among themselves, their cheeks reddening at Astera's sight. Confused and slightly irritated by their murmurs, she softly scowls at them disapprovingly. Jinx, fully aware of their pink soaked imaginations, adopts a menacing posture. Her glares serve as a silent warning to the men as she protectively shadows Astera.

"Ha- Ha- Hawkeye!"

Astera hears the previously nervous man exclaim again. She surveys the jungle clearing, noting various men lounging with sullen expressions. They appear to be pirates. When she catches the eye of one, he quickly nudges his companion, gesturing towards Astera. The moment the second man's gaze meets hers, his eyes practically transform into hearts, nearly bulging out of his head. With a slight pout, Astera gives him a dismissive once-over before redirecting her focus to Mihawk.