𝕆 𝔾𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕

Savannah.

How many people find their way here through life? Not many.

Most people go to New York or California to chase dreams of exceptionality.

But Piper?

She was here by mere chance. Or at least that's what she would tell you. Savannah was like if you took Manhattan, flipped it on its head, and filled it with Georgians. It was always hot and always loud. But not in the way that New York was. New York was loud in a way that was almost too much. Savannah was loud in a way like a big band jazz song, it ebbed and flowed and carried a swinging rhythm to it.

But a good bit of people came to Savannah to find themselves.

Artists did and Piper was one of those artists.

Piper McAllen had some how made her way into one of the world's most prestigious art schools and was finishing up her first year now as a matter of fact. She strode down the narrow streets of the southern city and stopped just outside of the city's most famous cafe. She glanced down at her phone to make sure she was at the right place. She was. She shouldered her bag and entered.

"PIPE!"

A familiar voice broke out amongst the stillness of the cafe, it was closed for renovations. Piper looked across the barren room.

"Hailey."

She said with a smile. Her rambunctious friend bolted to her and smothered her in a hug.

"How was your second to last painting studio class?" Hailey asked her as Piper struggled to pull out of her grasp, gasping for air as she did so. "It was great-" She managed to choke out.

"Let me go, please?" She added with a gasp for air. "Oh." Hailey's shoulders sagged. "Sorry." She added with a bit of a nervous laugh.

"Anyways, Angela is interested in those paintings of yours, you know the one." "The castle?" Piper raised a brow at her friend. "Yeah. that one you keep painting at different angles. She wants something like that painted on this wall here," She stepped over to a wall that had been hastley painted white, covering up a previous mural of sunflowers.

The previous artist wouldn't mind, she had died long ago.

"And she wants me to paint a castle? In a cafe in Savannah in the heart of the American south?" "Look you know she's weird, okay? She's finally moved past the Van Gogh sunflowers and redneck hunting trophies-"

What a mix, right?

"To renaissance and dark academia with a hint of southern barbecue."

Again, weird, but whatever. It wasn't Piper's place to judge. She was hired for a job and she was going to do just that. Her job.

"Alright." She said with a shrug and made her way over to the wall. "Can I get you anything before you start? Some coffee maybe? Or tea?" "Coffee's great." Piper replied and opened her bag. She pulled out various paint brushes, cans of solvent, rags, and an artist's smock.