𝔽𝕖𝕖𝕝 𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕

(A/N: slight body horror if you squint.)

"That was it?"

Sebastian asked as he walked with Piper, leaving the headmaster's office.

"Yeah." she said with a nod. "Weird, right?"

"Absolutely." Sebastian agreed.

"But he said that he was following Professor Onai's words?" Ominis asked and Piper nodded. "She's a good professor. If it's her words, I trust them. "

"That's it?" Sebastian asked his friend.

"There is some sort of unspeakable danger coming and you just simply trust Professor Onai to know how to get us out of it?"

Ominis shrugged.

"I didn't say all of that."

"Onai is just a teacher. Besides, if I'm placing bets on any of them to get us out of some kind of horribly legendary evil it would be Professor Rownin, the defense against the dark arts teacher. Certainly not the divination teacher. What's she going to do? Read the evil's fortune?"

"Okay, Sebastian." Ominis said with a sigh and faced Piper.

"Have you been given sleeping arrangements for tonight?" He asked, his voice softer and kinder when speaking to her. Piper nodded.

"I was told I would be taking up some kind of guest suite in faculty tower? Hell if I know where that is." Ominis hummed with a smile.

"We can show you." He informed her kindly. "Come along, this way." He added as he made his way through the hallways of the castle which were now dimly lit as night had fallen and the moon hung high in the sky.

"How long did it take you two to learn your way around the castle?" Piper asked as they walked.

"Not long at all." Sebastian said with a grin.

"A few weeks." "Don't lie to her, Sebastian. You got lost last week on your way to potions class." Piper giggled and Sebastian rolled his eyes.

" That's not true! That's just the excuse that I gave Professor Sharp! I really did not want to sit next to Garreth Weasley again after he tried to poison me!"

"He did not try to poison you. You drank his polyjuice potion before it was finished."

"Same difference."

Piper broke out into a laugh so violent and loud it startled both boys. She snorted as she laughed and Sebastian cleared his throat.

"I- I didn't think it was that funny..."

"No it's not- it's not that..."

Piper said in between laughs.

"It's just- I have no idea what the two of you are talking about. I'm so far from home. I have no idea why I'm here and the whole situation- being trapped in an enchanted wizard school in eighteenth century Europe years before woman's suffrage is just so bizarre to me... I can only laugh about it because if I don't laugh I'll cry!" She said with another roll of laughter.