𝔹𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕃𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕤

Piper yawned.

She had been painting for over twelve hours straight. She was exhausted. She decided to call it a night and climbed down off of the ladder.

Cleaning up paint supplies took longer than it did to set up and Piper kept tripping over the tarp that Angela had laid out to cover the floors.

Stupid tarp.

She thought to herself as she tripped over it one more time and nearly spilled a jar of solvents. She cursed to herself and continued her work when her phone buzzed on a nearby table.

She scooped it up and looked down at it to see her brother had texted her. She sighed. She loved her brother, don't get her wrong, but Tyler McAllen had a knack for getting in with the wrong crowd all the time. He lived here in Savannah and he actually lived with her because he couldn't afford his own place.

But he wouldn't tell you that if you asked, if you asked him it would be because he just couldn't get enough of his "charming" little sister. But Piper knew that was utter bull, she knew why he was really hanging around her apartment. Tyler had a knack for getting involved with gangs and it landed him in jail more than a few times.

What could he possibly want now?

"Need your help." she read and instantly groaned. It was well into the night this wasn't good. She didn't respond and just put the phone back down. She had brushes to wash anyways. She walked back to the restrooms to wash them out. When she came back her phone had practically blown up. Twenty text messages from Tyler and twelve phone calls.

"Shit."

She swore and quickly called him.

"Hello?"

He picked up on the first ring.

"Ty? It's Pipe." "Piper where the hell have you been?!" He roared through the phone.

"Earning money to pay your rent." She snapped back. If he was going to yell at her she could yell right back.

"Sorry for yelling..."

He said slowly and she could instantly tell that he was tense.

"What did you do?" She asked quickly.

"I need you to meet me somewhere." He told her.

"Behind Lady and Sons, the alley do you know-" "Yes I know the one." She sighed.

"Does this have to do with that gang-" "Please don't ask questions." Tyler continued.

"Just be there. In like less than five minutes." Less than five minutes? He had to be crazy.

"Less than five minutes?!" She roared back.

"I wouldn't ask you to do this if it wasn't absolutely important."

She grimaced but he was right.