PROLOGUE

It was our wedding day. It could have been better.

Like the song says, when you love someone, you have to learn to let them go. But that only applies to someone who never loves you back.

I know Ram loves me. It took years for her to accept that love she used to deny when we were young.

It's raining today, and I'm not letting that love go.

I'm saving that love from being hurt over and over again by people who only know how to inflict pain on someone who doesn't deserve to be hurt.

I visited the wedding venue early in the morning. It was empty. No wedding was going to happen today. They lied to us.

It could have been better if only they'd tried.

I saw Damaris running in the muddy path, ignoring her white gown's train being stained with dirt.

I brought his black horse with me. Gaia has been her best friend since she was a kid. The best gift Lolo Bobby gave her. And now I want Gaia to help her escape from everyone who never appreciates her.

"Sumama ka na lang sa 'kin . . . sige na . . . alis na lang tayong dalawa . . ." she begged.

She hugged me tight. The air was colder, but her hug was warmer this time. It used to be cold . . . but it wasn't this moment. I could have kept it, but I had to let it go for now.

"Please don't look back, Ram. I don't want you to give me reasons to stop you from running away."

She was crying. Thunders hid her sobs. I watched her run away with Gaia. Watching her leave was painful, but it was less painful than the pain she would face if she stayed.

The rain didn't stop pouring. I walked more than a kilometer away from the farm's gate until I stepped in front of the farm's main house.

"Coco! Diyos ko, basang-basa ka na!"

Damaris didn't deserve this unplanned wedding.

They . . . lied.

I felt empty as I saw Tita Mel's worried eyes.

"Sorry, Tita Mel . . . hindi ko kayang pakasalan si Ramram ngayon."

It didn't take long to see Tita Mel's deadpan expression.

"Uuwi na po ako, Tita. Sorry po."

I turned around and walked away.

My family was nowhere near this farm today. Mama's not around. I wasn't expecting anything from my dad.

Damaris is the reason why I want to be the best all the time. I want to prove to her that I'm the one.

But it was easy to say that I should fight for this love since the day I accepted our possible future together . . .

That I should fight for us . . .

That I must prove to everyone that this love is worth fighting for . . .

But at this point, if Damaris and I were meant to be and everyone accepted it, then why must we fight for it?

Should we fight a war just to prove that this fucking love is worth the suffering?

Bullshits.

They and their absurd agendas.

I listened to them, but communication is a two-way process.

They stopped listening, so I guess it's time to make a noise.

If they want me to prove that this love is worth suffering...

Then we'll suffer together. End of discussion.

♥♥♥