Gym Buddy

Dominico

I have never been challenged by a woman before and Siren is very different. Very interesting. I don't know what her drive to kill is but I guess that's what being a trained assassin does to you. You become a killer. In the last week I've met her she's dropped six bodies and she didn't feel a single tinge of remorse nor has she even looked like she regrets it. Matter of fact, last night she seemed livelier.

It's almost as if killing makes her content and all those people she has killed are men. But then again, they were placed right in front of her to get killed so I can't say it's a pattern just yet. Today though, instead of taking care of my work I have Alejandro doing it for me as I make an appearance as a CEO of Salian Hotels and a friend to the Stanson family funeral for Lincoln's funeral.

I wouldn't come here if I had somewhat of a choice but I still want Gregory on my side. Let alone the fact that pursuing his niece is definitely off the books now, not if I want the contract I drafted getting back to me.

I don't care about women that much. I have patience yes, but I don't have patience for a whiny little puttana that acts shocked whenever a man rejects them. And that's why it's easy to make this arrangement with Sirena. The feisty piccolo tesoro. {Italian- Little treasure}

I see Gregory's already pink face with his niece next to him. Her reddened face indicates both parties were emotional and that alone makes me want to just turn around and leave. But alas, because I want their money I'm forced to stay. My face shows no emotion as it usually does as my hand rests inside my dress pants pocket.

Gregory's face softens when he sees me, as if I mean something to him. Or rather the fact that he thought I meant something to his nephew who only liked me because he thought I knew some good dealer for his drugs. But Gregory doesn't need to know that.

"Salian." He acknowledges causing the little pink red haired girl's gaze to snap from whoever she was talking to and again, like she sees some sort of candy, she lights up at my presence. "I'm glad you made it." The man shakes my hand and pats my shoulder in greeting, a sad smile rests on his tired old face and I nod in response.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." I would miss it for a poker game, and I don't even like gambling. My attention moves from him to the ball of tears that wipes her pink cheeks with tears as more sniffles and a trembling lip graces her innocent lips. Her blue doe eyes look up at me as if expecting me to hug her, which will never happen.

I only do something that I think is a way to comfort her. I kiss her cheek, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and instantly a smile comes into place. "We should go to take our seats." I say, placing a hand on the small of her back and I could see it is more than enough for her. She wouldn't last a day in my life, she's not Sirena.

I internally groan when my mind wanders to her again. Why am I even thinking of her? Maybe because she's bringing me something. Something big and something valuable that all of my connections from Russia had been failing to do so for almost a year now. I'm still very upset with what she did, putting me in this spot. Having to listen to people cry talking about a dickhead, a dickhead who has a bunch of women all here for his funeral like they are at some sort of shopping center. He really fucked around a lot didn't he?

I'm surprised he didn't get some disease.

I would've covered up his death, not because I care about the girl but because since she's going to be married to me, she couldn't be thrown in jail. Except, my contact thoroughly looked for any evidence of the killer, aside from the handwriting that he made sure no other cop saw, there was nothing the girl left.