Untamable Puttana

Siren

It's not uncommon for people to hate me so when I enter the room, I know for sure that these men hate me. They hate me with every single bone in their worthless bodies, and every single bone in mine wouldn't mind crushing them given the green light but alas, another breach in the contract would be killing Dominico's men "without a valuable" reason.

My shoes echo into the empty room that was once occupied by laughter and talking. Yesterday they were confused by my arrival and today, they absolutely despise me which means they might know a little bit more about me now. I make my way to the end of the table, where an empty seat lies just like it does on the other side which is the left of the table. It's suspicious that no one sits near him, like they are scared of him or something but nonetheless, I don't care.

I don't even bother greeting, taking my seat and waiting for the "almighty king" to arrive. My guess is they don't get served before he arrives. Minutes after I've entered, in comes the man in a perfectly tailored three piece suit of navy blue that reveals a vest that hugs his body like it even needed it. I saw that body last night and damn, the man is gifted for sure.

As usual, his presence emits a different type of energy and he doesn't even need to do much. Just casually strut in here with a single hand in his pocket, taking a seat right next to me at the head of the table. The first person near the empty seat is none other than green eyes, Alejandro whose stare I could feel every now and then. He keeps looking at me but he can't keep my gaze. Pathetic.

Dominico nods for the whole table in greeting and a series of men muttering the word "capo" or "boss" echoes in the empty room before their conversation starts again. My eye scan the men who casually look at me every now and then. A familiar feeling settling down in the pit of my stomach.

It's just like at the academy here.

They don't like me and even if I don't care that they don't, they all dislike me for a reason unbeknownst to me but my best guess is that I killed some of their friends, the thought of that almost brings a smile to my face but it is disturbed by breakfast food being placed onto the table.

My head lifts to look at the person who is currently reaching out to place some hash browns between Dominico and I, only to be met by a brown eyed blonde woman whose eyes lock on mine at the very same time I face her. Our stare lasts longer than intended, I'll admit she's very very attractive and the blush that creeps up to her face is enough to make my stare linger and she mutters a quick "sorry" when she brushes into me slightly after pulling her hand back. A scent of pineapple and island trees wafts into my nostrils that I want to breathe into it again.

When she leaves, she gives me one last glance before continuing to walk away. It's only when she starts heading back to the doors she came from that I notice I had been staring at her all this time till she disappears. My mouth plays with a little soft smile from the unexpected mini crush that threatens to develop from just barely meeting the girl. Damn.

"Don't even think about it." And just like that my smile is gone. He really had to ruin this for me now? Great.

When I drop my smile, my eyes turn to meet an icy glare that holds more lava than it actually should. A contrast to the color of his eyes, they should've been crimson.

I roll my eyes and start to fill my plate of some bacon, eggs and some pancakes and the grated cheese.

"What are your plans for today?" My eyes move from the breakfast to Salian's face that isn't at all looking at me but the food he is eating ever so elegantly.

"Are we making small talk now?" I raise my brow in question.

"We're lovers piccolo tesoro." I scoff at his sentence when his fork comes into contact with his mouth while mine does the same and we both start to chew, silence engulfs us until he speaks after he's done chewing. "We're supposed to act like it aren't we?"