Chapter Twenty-Nine

The crowd is extra wild tonight and she knows it's because this is her last concert of the tour. She needs to start her last song but the fans are screeching so loud she can't hear herself over their cheers and praise. She nervously clings to her microphone, tilting her head toward Milah who is shaking her head in amusement and grinning right back at her. Killian is strumming his guitar but she doesn't hear a damn sound over this noise.

She places her finger in front of her smiling lips, hoping people will obey her silent plea but there's too much chaos. Soon, Milah mimics her pose, Killian following their lead as well until Robin and Graham are doing the same. Eventually, the fans settle down for a moment.

"I want to take a moment to thank each and every person that came out here tonight. I know buying tickets for this last show was very difficult but I hope you all know how much this means to me. How much I appreciate all of you for loving this new album as much as I do and for allowing me to show you who I truly am."

The crowd is applauding and chanting her name which still manages to bring a blush to her cheeks. She runs her fingers through her hair and smiles from ear to ear at Milah and Killian. All three of them are standing at the front of the stage, ready for the last song of the tour.

"I, I loved you in secret," Regina sings, eliciting more screams and hollering from the fans. "First sight, yeah, we love without reason."

"Oh, twenty-five years old," Milah bellows over the shrieking. "Oh, how were you to know, and..."

"My, my love had been frozen," Killian finishes the lyric, strumming on his guitar and swaying to the beat. "Deep blue, but you painted me golden."

"Oh, and you held me close," Regina softly sings, "Oh, how was I to know that, I could've spent forever with your hands in my pockets."

"Picture of your face in an invisible locket," Milah proceeds, smirking at Regina before her eyes travel back to Killian.

"You said there was nothing in the world that could stop it," Killian whines, winking back at Milah. "I had a bad feeling."

"And darling, you had turned my bed into a sacred oasis," Regina proceeds. "People started talking, putting us through our paces. I knew there was no one in the world who could take it, I had a bad feeling."

As the crowd screams the chorus over her and Outlaw, Regina trails her eyes toward backstage where her beautiful wife awaits. This woman stole her heart from the moment she laid eyes on her and Regina's hands were tied, there was nothing in this world she could do but hand over her beating heart to Emma Swan. She loved her then and she loves her even more now.

"I, I loved you in spite of," Regina sings, gazing so hopelessly into shimmering emeralds full of love and ignoring the world around her. "Deep fears that the world would divide us."

"So, baby, can we dance..." Milah sings.

"Oh, through an avalanche?" Killian finishes off the lyric, batting his long lashes at his girlfriend.

"And say, say that we got it," Regina sings with all her heart. "I'm a mess, but I'm the mess that you wanted."

"Oh, 'cause it's gravity," Milah beams.

"Oh, keeping you with me," Killian hums with his lips right up against the microphone.

And together they all sing, "But we were dancing.
Dancing with our hands tied, hands tied."

~~~~

"I just want to say thank you so much," Regina gushes with her glass thrusted into the air with all of her crew members and Outlaw as well. "I cannot express my gratitude enough. All of my lovely colleagues who have stuck by me over the years and Outlaw," she flashes another exuberant grin their way. "You didn't have to come do this tour with me. You're just as big as I am now and yet, you all showed up and I am so honored and grateful to have such amazing friends."