~5~

Wind master had straight forward and interesting personality. Xie lian understood why Wind master is so popular in heavens. Xie lian was  smiled glad that he made acquaintance with such heavenly official. Just as he turned around to face Wind master the white clad cultivator had turned into female white clad daoist. It was so sudden that Xie lian was utterly dumbfounded.

"Lord wind master why sudden transformation?" he asked

"Yeah why" Shi wudu asked looking at his brother who just shrugged.

"Truth be told your highness, I'm actually stronger in this form" Qingxuan replied

As was mentioned earlier, the Wind Master and the Water Master were
often worshipped together. However, this also produced bizarre accident.
Perhaps people thought that a single temple worshipping two male gods together was lacking something. Lords and Ladies go hand in hand, so people thought having one male god and one female god would make it seem more complete. Thus, someone took a certain initiative, and that initiative was to sculpt the Wind Master as a goddess.

But it didn’t end with the goddess statue; they had to make up stories to go with it too—things like the Water and Wind Gods being brother and sister.
There was even a version where they were husband and wife.

"Ugh I hate those" Shi wudu glared at screen utterly displeased at information.

Although silly, such absurd occurrence were not rare. Ling wen who is woman and is civil god, people started saying how come a woman be a civil god? So they started sculpting her statue as a man and said that Ling wen is basically man. When Ling wen ascended, she suffered brutal disadvantage because her worshippers thought how can a woman reach that position? Thus whenever she had to appear in the dreams of her worshipper she would use her male form.

"Such a pain" Ling wen grumbled pei ming just looked at her pitying her a little.

Qingxuan tried to get Xie lian change forms as well. "cmon woman has much yin energy. It will be easy to hide in ghost city."

"No no I don't have spiritual powers for that" xie lian declined politely

"I'll lend you some"
"we should save powers in case we get into fight" luckily Qingxuan gave up on trying.

Shi wudu and He xuan sighed at this, Clearly having same thoughts for once.

By that time both had reached wild feild. Night had deepened and crows cawed in the pitch-black night. Xie lian looked around his surroundings for a while before saying "let's wait here, this place is thick with yin energy. There is graveyard nereby there will be at least one or two would go in ghost we'll follow them"

Both nodded and sat down on a stone. Out of nowhere Qingxuan had pulled out jar of liquor , passing it to xie lian "care for a drink?"

Xie Lian reached for the jug and took a sip, felt his throat burn, and
then gave the jug back. “Thanks.”
Shi Qingxuan took the jug and gulped down a couple of swallows.
“You can’t drink?”

"I can but too much and I will go crazy, what time is it?" Xie lian asked looking around.
"its midnight" Qingxuan answered "hm, it should be about time then" just as he finished his sentence, two saw row of faint light in woods.

Lights got closer and closer when it finally emerged from woods, they both saw group of expressionless woman dressed in white walking together.

"let's follow them" Xie lian said as they both silently crept behind them and started walking.