Chapter 1 - The beginning

Tim Bradford left his house to go to work after spending 3 weeks in the Intensive Care Unit due to a gunshot that injured him while training his new rookie on their first day. He exits his home, happy to be going back to work. When he arrives at work he immediately changes whilst waiting for his day at work. In the meantime, he was asked to visit his commanding officer's office.

Tim sits across from Sergeant Grey. Grey had an open file to the side of his desk pertaining to Tim's health, both physically and mentally.

''So I'm cleared to come back to work right? You didn't say anything while I was recovering.'' Tim stated, breaking the awkwardness between the two.

"No.'' Grey responded

"WHAT! But the doctor signed off for me to go back to work"

"I know, but the therapist didn't. He just thought that you need a few months off work to clear your head so you can go back to work without the fear of getting a panic attack or a PTSD flashback."

"The guy is a jerk. I know myself better than anybody out there. I'm fine!"

"That's not what your therapist thinks"

"He's such a jerk, I hate that guy."

"Don't say that about your therapist, he's a great guy. Ok, I tell you what, 5 months"

"Five months, WHAT"

"You're on leave for five months, Take the time to process what happened and take the time to heal and let your back rest"

"But sir I am healed!"

"No you're not, take a vacation, get out of LA, go visit family, go. relax." Grey suggested

"You're acting as if you just met me. I'm not a guy who relax"

"It's fine, you'll have fun on vacation!" Grey exclaimed.

"Totally" Tim growled.

He stood up frustrated.
"Well just so you know, you'll have one less awesome person keeping the streets of LA safe for the next five months."

He stormed out of his office without letting Grey respond and sped walked out of the station.

While walking down to his car, Angela or his 'work best friend' jogged up to catch up to him.

"What happened, I heard some commotion coming from Grey's office." questioned Angela

"Grey." Tim growled

"What about him"

"Five months leave"

"What? HE. Put you, one of his best officers. On FIVE MONTHS LEAVE?"

"Yeah. He said I needed to get my head straight so I could work without having a 'panic attack' while in a shootout."

"That's just dumb, he just straight up acted as if he just met you."

"That's exactly what I told him"

"Are you going to fight it"

Tim shook his head in denial.
He knew he had rights to go to his union rep and make claims against the department. But that wasn't his style to get into conflict. So he just accepted it and he knew, deep down, that Grey was right and he needed a break to clear his mind.

"No I'm not," Tim responded simply.

"Then, what are you going to do for five months?"