Chapter 2 - the start of a new beginning

It's been 2 weeks since Tim was put on leave and Lucy moving to LA.

Tim had just been walking down when he heard a loud bang and started having flashbacks on the incident that happened and the gunshot he sustained. He had a panic attack and decided to go into a dark alleyway to go calm himself down. He was walking down the alleyway and accidentally stepped on a puddle of sticky dark red liquid.

"What the heck?" Tim questioned.

He saw a pool of dark red thick slimy liquid next to where he was standing, and he tried to find the cause of where the liquid was coming from. After following the trail; he saw half a body sticking out of a rubbish bag. He immediately called Sergeant Grey about what he just witnessed. After a few moments the police came swarming in to check out the scene. After the coroner remove the body from the body bag, Tim saw that it was a pretty brunette lady, his eyes lit up, he knew that she was the one but he thought that she died.

After a moment, the coroner said that she had a light pulse and could they there was a slim chance that she would survive. Since then, Tim vowed to take care of her until the day she dies.

He immediately rushed into the ambulance with her to make sure she will have a great recovery. Despite not knowing who she was, a spark was lit the moment she was pulled out of the body bag, Tim always had a soft spot in his heart. He followed her to the hospital and stayed there for the whole time hoping she was alright.

He quickly learnt that her name was Lucy after seeing her file. At the hospital, Grey went to check out Lucy and in the meantime see Tim.

"Hey" Grey said.

"Hey, why are you here?" Tim asked in curiosity.

"To check up on you.." grey said "you know, after your shooting, this incident might have brought back some past trauma."

"Yeah. I'm fine"

"Ok good"

A few hours after the incident, Tim gets called to see Lucy after he saved her. He was told by doctors that if she waited another hour she would've died a painful death. He saw her in the hospital bed and realised how pretty Lucy was.

"Hello" Tim said

"Hi, I heard you were the one that saved me."
Lucy said

"Yeah, I. Saved you accidentally."

"Huh what do you mean?"

"It's a long story." Tim replied "But what matters is that you're doing better."

"Thanks for saving me." Lucy said.

"It's my job. No worries." Tim said with a smile.