Chapter 3 - New found happiness

It's a new day and Tim decides to go and visit Lucy in the Intensive care Unit.

"Hi, how are you today?" Tim asked

"I'm feeling better today, thanks for visiting me." Lucy replied with a grateful smile.
"No problem."

"Oh NO!!" Lucy said with a worried expression on her face.

"What happened?" Tim asked

"MY KIDS!"

"There's nobody to take care of them, there's no father figure. I can't afford a nanny."

"Alright. I'll ask my sergeant for a welfare check on them." Tim said "No need to worry, I'll get good people to take care of them while you relax and recover from the incident."

"Oh my, thank you so much, you are an angel sent from heaven." Lucy said in gratitude.

"It's fine. Don't worry about them. Can I have your home address so I can get a welfare check in on them"

"Sure, it's 10957 Hesby Street."
"Ok thanks"

Tim steps out to call a welfare check on Lucy's kids. He realised that the kids haven't had anything to eat or drink in the past 12 hours and he quickly called Grey to tell him.

*Beep Beep*

"Hello" Grey said

"Sarge. Lucy, she has kids.'' Tim said in a panic. "There's nobody taking care of them, there's no father figure in the picture and the kids are young."

"Alright I'll get a welfare check in on them. What's their home address?" Grey asked

"It's um, 10957 Hesby Street"

"Ok thanks." Grey said

"I was checking in on her to make sure she was feeling better and I didn't want her to be alone. Then she told me about her kids and I immediately thought about getting a welfare check in on them." Tim replied.

"Alright, get some rest, your back needs it." said Grey in a sullen tone.

Tim walks back into Lucy's room and starts talking about life. Lucy shares how Chris had just cheated for the third time and how she abandoned him because she had enough of his bullshit. During their talk, Tim slowly starts to gain feelings for Lucy but doesn't express it. Lucy continues to talk about how she got fired from her job because she was caught stealing while trying to provide food for her two kids. She also went on complaining about how her job was so low paying although counsellors were supposed to be paid a high amount and it turns out the company was going into bankruptcy. They ended up talking for hours and hours until visiting hours were over.

Tim knew she was the one and only one for him. He started blushing hard, his face was as red as a tomato. He kept on thinking on the possibilities of being with Lucy until Genny called and told Tim that she's almost in LA.

**buzz buzz**

"Hey, what's up?" Tim asked

"Me and Tyler are almost here!" Genny said in excitement.

"Where?" Tim questioned

"In LA!" Genny screeched

"Can't wait to see you uncle Tim!" Tyler said.

"Me too" said Tim "Wait Genny, where are you right now?"

"20 minutes away from your home."

"Oh alright."

Tim realises that he needs to rush home to clean it and to prepare the guest room. Tim rushes home, running stop signs and red lights and gets home in the nick of time. The moment he gets home he immediately cleans him home and clean out the guest room.

—————————————————————————

**knock knock**
**Tim opens the door**

"Hey Tim" said Genny

"HI UNCLE TIM!" exclaimed Tyler

"Hi Genny, hello Tyler." Said Tim "I got the guest room all set up already. Go make yourselves comfortable."

"ALRIGHT!" Tyler said.

30 minutes later*

Tim and Genny sit on the couch to talk while Tyler plays with Tim's baseballs.