Chapter 2: Family Reunion

I sighed as I looked over my dead grandma's body. "Gojo Satoru." I said, looking over at him.

He looked back at me without his usual cheerfulness. "What's up kiddo?"

I slowly and carefully took off the wires and other equipment attached to my grandma as I spoke, "I need to turn her to ashes. I promised her I would scatter her ashes over in her hometown of Seoul, South Korea. When can I do that?" I asked.

Gojo stood up and smiled at me, placing his hand on my shoulder. "Whenever you're ready. I can take us there at any time." He reassured me.

I nodded slowly as I digested his words. I picked up my grandmother as the hospital staff came rushing in. They tried to take her away from me, but I growled at them as Gojo stood between me and the nurses.

After some time, we were able to leave the hospital. I walked to a nearby crematorium and Gojo politely paid for my grandmother to be cremated.

Once I had her ashes in hand, Gojo finally spoke up to me, "So you're one of the legendary Sung, eh?" Gojo said.

I shot a glare at him, "We'll talk later, just let me put my grandmother to rest first before you go stir crazy." I stated and he pouted.

"You're no fun!" Gojo proclaimed.

"I just lost the last living member of my family and the only one who gave a damn about me. So excuse me if I'm not in the mood for partying or having fun!" I yelled at him as the shadows around me quivered and squirmed in my presence. I shook my head, "I'll come under you as your student after this. This is really important to me." I said.

Gojo sighed and nodded seriously, "Alright, alright. I was just trying to lighten up your mood. Where in Seoul are you trying to go?" Gojo asked.

"Deoksugung Palace. It was where my ancestor was buried when he eventually passed away. It was also where my grandmother wished to rest." I responded immediately.

Gojo nodded and clamped his hand down on my shoulder. In the next moment, I found myself before the very compound itself, with the palace before me. All around us were tourists and other Koreans visiting the sight and enjoying the beauty of the temple and what laid within the compound before me.

I took a deep breath before trudging forward. Gojo stayed back with a smug look. "What's got you smiling?" I demanded.

Gojo shrugged, "I'm just thinking of what would've been like if I fought your ancestor. I don't think I would've come out of the battle alive, is all." Gojo said.

Based on the legends, Sung Jinwoo was a man who had single-handedly throttled Sukuna Ryomen during his reign in the Heian Era. And Sukuna was a being touted as a deity due to his sheer overwhelming might that surpassed all others... besides my ancestors. Otsutsuki Hagoromo, the Sage of Six Paths, and Sung Jinwoo, the Monarch of Shadows, were both touted as the Pinnacle of Strength that many tried and failed to reach.

Considering that the name of Ryomen Sukuna gave Gojo pause, it severely indicated just how powerful Sung Jinwoo was. While Sukuna had massacred the entire elite forces of Japan with utter ease, Sung Jinwoo did the same to the King of Curses. Sung Jinwoo was a force of power that was the polar opposite of Sukuna's. Where Sukuna gained his power through inhumane methods and was the embodiment of selfishness made manifest, Sung Jinwoo fought and protected his family and country until his last breath, where his will would be inherited by a child that would be born in an Era where Sukuna Ryomen would be reborn in.

And considering I'm not only the most powerful of my clan members in history, besides the three legendary figures of Sung Jinwoo, Otsutsuki Hagoromo, and Sugawara Michizane, as well as being the last living remnant of all three bloodlines, I was betting money that Sukuna would awaken in my lifetime, sometime probably soon.