Chapter 39

_ . _

Chapter 39

(A/N: Kekeke!)

Time passed by in a flash. 

Samael and Erichthonius are now sitting inside the carriage, the Pegasus galloping back to their abode. The young king was staring at the clouds in a daze, yet his peripheral vision was fixated on his wife, who was staring down at the carriage, brows knitted into a frown, and lips pursed tightly.

Perhaps the information Samael gained from Artemis is what made him that way. Besides, he doesn't know much about his mother. It'll be strange if he is not shocked about it.

"You knew your mother as a priestess of Athena, yes?" Artemis started to speak, her expression serious. Samael only nodded and listened intently.

"However, that happened after my awakening as the Goddess of Hunt and Wilderness."

"Because Medusa was a mortal, despite being the daughter of Keto and Phorkys, who are also renowned as Primordial Sea Gods, Medusa was able to enter Olympus, simply because she was born here in Olympus. As a mortal, she is dedicated to becoming a priestess, but Keto and Phorkys insist on her marrying a king or prince in the human realm."

"Medusa loved her family dearly; she didn't want to leave Olympus, so she decided to turn deaf ears to her mother and father and proceeded to leave the ocean bed and rise to the surface."

"As she stepped onto the seashore, she was like a breath of fresh air - an intoxicating sensation that made everyone infatuated with her. Medusa was shocked by this unexpected attention and wasn't able to choose a proper temple to stay in as a priestess. She ended up becoming a wandering priestess across Olympus."

"Despite the challenges she faced, she learned many valuable lessons while traveling across our sacred motherland. Her experiences of becoming a wanderer inspired me to break free from my own limitations and live life to the fullest, just like she once did. During her travels, she encountered various mythical creatures such as nymphs, dryads, demigods, and warriors. Through these encounters, she gained knowledge and experienced both loss and gain. To be honest, it was her journey that made me want her to stay as my caretaker. However, her journey came to an end when she was discovered by Athena."

"I never hated Athena back then. In fact, I idolized her when I was a young girl because of her strength and dedication to independence. Yet my priestesses still think that I still idolize her to this day, and she's the reason why I became like this. What a joke."

"As I was saying, Medusa was discovered by Athena, and thus, she became her first saintess." Hearing that, Artemis is not surprised to see Samael's shocked expression. She heaved a breath and continued.

"It's exactly what I'm saying. The position of a saintess is different from that of a head priestess, and it's a much higher position than every priestess desires. There's only a few temples that have their own saintess, because the criteria for choosing them is a bit strict."

"The reason why Medusa became the saintess is because Athena heard rumors about her journey as a wandering priestess and was also accepted by the Palace of Olympus, specifically Zeus."

"Medusa was crowned saintess in Athena's temple, not in the palace. Usually, crowning a saintess is done in the palace so that gods and alike can witness the magical scene, but importantly, to know which temple acquired a saintess."

"I heard two rumors that day. Firstly, Medusa's crowning ceremony clashes with my awakening as a goddess. Secondly, there are whispers that Hera is furious with Medusa's presence. It is said that Zeus desired Medusa from the moment she was introduced to the palace by Athena, and this caused an argument between Zeus and Hera in their chambers, further fueling Hera's anger."