Epilogue: Final Journey

Thank you all for reading this series as it written, Omph... over a year of updates.. crazy huh. Well hope you like the epilogue Chaos and I worked on

Time had a way to creep upon you, specially when you were not exactly aging, and lived apart from others.

Every time Nightmare left his and Dream's home, things had changed so much.

He... hadn't realized his aging was also so much different from other monsters, he had known that Dream was stuck as an eternal child. But he was stuck too.

His boys grew older, and they had large families. They had families, then they had children.

It still hurt to say goodbye when their time came, but each of them had left behind quite a legacy.

There had been so many joys in life, even with saying goodbye, he'd been Uncle Nightmare to all of their kids.

Every generation they had known, had given Dream plenty of playmates.

Yet...

The world no longer remembered Dreamtale.

Nightmare and Dream's names were just stories now, their AU long faded from memory.

Ink had also pulled back long ago, soulless they may be, but they still hurt from his mortal friends being lost to time and age.

He took comfort in his son's family, and their descendants, Nightmare had seen relief on their face when they met once, and mentioned that they were glad that they would not outlive their child.

Outlive...

Nightmare would outlive everyone but Dream, two halves of a full. A balance of Negativity and Positivity, but even that rarely needed them anymore.

Error, was Error.

Touchy as a feral cat, always still busy.

Still destroying, but a lot less, with Ink stepping back, he had time to code repairs in.

At least he was still there, even if his visits were rare.

Still, he worried. This place was leaving them behind, and he was tired, they really were not needed anymore.

------

"What cha' think brah?" Fresh said to Error, grinning.

"It's possible, they're not quite attached anymore." Error hummed, his head tilted.

"Well?"

"They agree, this Multiverse is in it's final phases, so it's safe for departures." Error shrugged.

"What will you do once you're done here?" Fresh asked, dropping the lingo.

"Retirement from being the destroyer, I'll go home." He smirked.

"Home?" Fresh asked, confused.

Error didn't answer, and for a second he swore that he had heard a female giggle.

------

Dream laughed as he ran down the beach, water lapping at his ankles from the surf. Vision hung to his neck, the bitty would live as long as Dream loved, and shared their magic, with him. Dream's long term friend, his confident.

"Look, a bird!" Vision cried, happily pointing at something.

"Pretty!" Dream cried, looking up.

If there was one thing Nightmare and Vision were pleased about, was that Dream was speaking normally, well.. at least once he got to know you. If he was overly emotional, or introduced to someone new, he had a habit of falling back into sign language.