Chapter 32

All reunited and in the right bodies, they were all briefed on Law's plan. He and Luffy had teamed up with the navy to take on Ceaser. It wasn't really easy when the alarm went off and the smoke came closer again and forced its way into the lab.

So everyone had to get to sector B to the children. Luffy, Law and Zoro dashed forward to defeat as many opponents as possible and create a path for everyone. Yukiji stayed on Brownbeard's back, who had run after them.

Yukiji was still wondering if there was anything she could do about the smoke. The heat rushed through her body as she walked further into the lab. Without thinking twice, she took off her coat and gloves. Yukiji briefly wondered if she should keep her cat ears on her head. However, her ears were getting even warmer, so she took them off as well.

For a brief moment, Yukiji felt a gaze on her, which made her look around. She had just managed to see Zoro avert his gaze again and concentrate. Yukiji smiled a little. Zoro really was like Nova. Just shy about such things.

Because the snow, the snowstorms and the explosion had made a wild mess of her hair, Yukiji pulled out her hair tie and retied the top section of her hair. However, several strands came out again, making her slightly round face look narrower.

"Is Luffy all right?" Nami asked her friend, "I'm sure he is. Luffy knows what he's doing. Besides, that Smoker is with him." Yukiji smiled and a moment later saw Zoro lying down next to her. Apparently all the opponents had been defeated.

"Tell me, what's going on between you and this Law?" Nami wanted to know. After all, Yukiji had greeted him with a smile.

Zoro opened his right eye curiously. He wasn't jealous and trusted Yukiji. However, he also wanted to know why she got along with this guy. He knew her past. For that reason alone, Yukiji wouldn't approach anyone just like that.

"He approached me about Sabaody when I bought a necklace for Nova. He warned me about those sky people. Very nice of him, actually. But I think I just turned him down and got caught in the end." Yukiji ended up laughing a little embarrassed at her stupidity. Although, it was more her clumsiness.

"I don't know why, but somehow he doesn't seem to hate me or something." Yukiji now pondered, which is why Zoro closed his eye again. "Oh, I see." Nami mumbled. It was probably some kind of friendship that connected them.