Chapter 79

The Sunny anchored on a small island so that Nova could continue on her own from here. According to her, it was the island that had been the meeting point to sail from here to Big Mom. This meant that her ship should be in the bay.

"I hope you don't put yourself in that kind of danger again." Nova said to Yukiji, who only slightly lifted the corners of her mouth. "I can't promise you anything. Especially not what's waiting for us in Wano-Island."

"As far as I know, Kaido of the emperors is on Wano-Island." The brief silence meant that Nova was probably right. "You already know that it's impossible to win against him."

"We've made an alliance with Law. He'll help us win." Nami grinned and was extremely determined. "Don't worry Nova, we'll manage." smiled Yukiji, who had put her arms around her back to hug her goodbye.

"Mhm...I just have a bad feeling...", the older girl mumbled and put her arms around her best friend's shoulders. "Take care of yourself now, Mihawk and what you have to tell him."

Yukiji didn't need to say anything more. After all, she wasn't allowed to blurt out Nova's little secret. "I will. And by the way, when you sail to Wano Island, you have to watch out for the naval base. Kaido might have it under his control. So they won't hesitate to attack and arrest you."

"Understood!" nodded Luffy and would do anything to get his whole crew back together. Nova now gently patted the pink mop of hair and was looked at by the gray eyes. "Nova..." Yukiji grumbled slightly childishly and sometimes hated this gesture. However, she also knew that Nova had shown her love a little more than usual. "Love you, little tease." "I love you too, Nova-chan..."

Yukiji exhaled softly as she looked after Nova from Sunny, who had gradually become smaller and smaller. She insisted on waiting until Nova was really barely visible to make sure that no sea monster would appear. Nova had her broadsword, but in her current situation she shouldn't waste too much energy, of course.

For Chopper, it hadn't been an order, but a reason to be able to wait himself. He also didn't want Nova to get involved in a fight again after her attack of weakness. It was rather difficult to explain to the others. As a doctor, Chopper had simply said that after the whole thing on Whole Cake Island, he wanted to be sure that Nova could sail without any problems.

Zoro looked silently at his girlfriend, who had her eyes fixed on the sea. She had not averted her gaze since Sunny had gone back to sea herself. So she must be thinking about something to do with Nova that she and Chopper couldn't say.

Zoro gritted his teeth for a moment and couldn't help but make a slightly annoyed noise. He wrestled with himself and his feelings, though it had been even more difficult because of Yukiji. Zoro wasn't dependent on her, but since she had been around him again, Zoro had gotten that strange feeling again.

"Oi, stubborn girl." he finally addressed Yukiji and actually got a look from her. His face immediately turned away at the sight of her. "Hn..well..." he began to say, gritting his teeth slightly. "My...cabin is...open..." he stammered, trying not to blush. However, it was incredibly difficult as Yukiji's face lit up.

"Yeeees!" the Vinsmoke jumped up before it had already made its way into his cabin and Zoro could only look after it with a slight grin. A promise was a promise.