Chapter 86

Being locked up in the dark was something nobody wanted. Yukiji was taken deep under the building so that she could spend the remaining days there. The shock was still deep inside her. At first, Yukiji had thought that her father and the navy had simply wanted to expose her to humanity with what she had done.

That a princess didn't want to go home, but had spent her life as a pirate. She had been prepared for something like this to happen. She would have put up with it. It was the opinion of the people, of her family.

Yukiji would have listened to any accusation. She would have put up no resistance and simply listened to it. No matter whether they were insults or words that would hurt her. She would even have accepted it if her status as princess had been taken away from her.

And now? Now Yukiji was a prisoner who couldn't even defend herself. That was taken care of well enough. Handcuffs and chains made of sea stone, as well as a cell that also had these stones.

A prisoner in the building of the sky dragons who continued to trade in slaves and would pay any price. Only this time Yukiji would not be sold.

No, for her, execution was even better than becoming a slave. And yet the Vinsmoke strived for her freedom. A freedom that Reiju had given her when she helped her, Sanji and Nova to escape. A freedom that she had received after nine years after Sir Crocodile thanks to the Straw Hats.

Nova... what would she think now? Did Nova already know she was here? What would happen to her? She had just been freed from her father. And now Yukiji was back in a situation that she wouldn't be able to get out of on her own. She had promised Nova that she would look after herself.

A silence and a coldness became noticeable. Goose bumps spread across Yukiji's skin as she pulled briefly on the chains and the handcuffs dug into her flesh. Her breathing quickened as her thoughts turned to something else. The execution and her freedom were blown away.

Memories came flooding back to the Vinsmoke that had sent her into a panic. Yukiji pulled at the chains again and again, resisting them and realizing that she was crying herself.

"Let...me out..." breathed the young woman who was trembling all over and just wanted to get out of here. As far as she was concerned, it could be another prison, another room.

She didn't care what, as long as it wasn't in a dark cellar that reminded her of her childhood. The pain in her left arm made itself felt. The pain she felt when her father injected her and she was sitting in the same cell.

"Let me out!" Yukiji shouted a little louder and pulled at her chains again. The Vinsmoke bent forward again and again, moving her wrists just to somehow get the handcuffs off.

"Please, I..." she began to say again, almost falling into a state that would not be healthy for a human. Just as Yukiji was about to scream out of panic, a voice rang out from a person who had been watching Vinsmoke in the first place.

Only now the person could see that if she carried on like this, it would only get worse. No matter what happened, no one would help her.

"Shh...take it easy. You're not alone."

Yukiji stopped her movements and turned her tear-streaked face to the person she hadn't noticed at all. She wasn't alone?

"Even if the situation isn't exactly right. You are safe." said the voice that had calmed Yukiji for some reason. Her breathing slowed down.

"Who...are you...?" she now wanted to know, as the person was in the same cell, but it was quite far in the dark. A soft laugh could be heard as the person finally exhaled.

"Actually, you should know me if you're in a crew with my brother." came out of his mouth, slightly amused. "Nice to meet you in person, Yukiji. I'm Sabo, Luffy's brother."