Chapter 42

Spending three days in this cellar was pure hell for Yukiji. Only it wouldn't end there, as it turned out. Without really knowing what was happening to her and her body, Yukiji spent the next few days as usual. She still felt the pain in her left arm to this day. It was probably due to the injection she had received.

So that nobody had to worry, the girl concealed what had happened. Basically, she knew what had happened. However, she didn't want it to be true and, like many things, simply forgot about it.

Her rose-colored hair remained the same. So there was nothing to worry about. A blessing in disguise, so to speak. Surely everything had not worked out as it had with Sanji. Or so Yukiji thought.

There was a bang as the Vinsmoke was thrown against the wall and hit the cold floor. Behind closed doors, something happened that was simply cruel. "Come on! Fight back already!"

Jajji, her own father, struck at Yukiji with his fists. Behind him stood Reiju, Ichiji, Niji and Yonji, her older siblings. Each of them had a different hair color which came from the injection and the genetic manipulation.

An experiment that had taken place in secret and that Yukiji had simply kept quiet about and wanted to forget. She had not uttered a single word. The fear of what would happen was far too great. Sanji should also have realized it by now. However, he kept the blond hair that her father also had. Failed, Jajji had called it.

"I...I'm not...like you..." Yukiji trembled tearfully. Her gray eyes turned to her siblings, who had looked away. So they all had to go through this. "Shut up! I know for a fact that you're not a failure like Sanji! Fight back!" their father roared, stomping towards them.

Light tears gathered in her eyes. If her mother were still alive, she would certainly have been spared. There was a reason why she wasn't named after a number. Why she was born with a different hair color.

"Please...I...I don't want..." Yukiji needed to get out of her mouth when the next blow had already come and pushed her to the ground. Humiliated and abused. Her father didn't care about her feelings. Feelings she was not allowed to have.

No one knew about this room. Not even Sanji, because he wasn't like everyone else. If everything had worked for him, he would have known about it. A so-called training room. Only for experiments that followed his every word.

"Come on, get up!" Jajji ordered sternly. Even though it was his own child, he couldn't make an exception for her. "We are a highly respected family, Yukiji! One day, you too will be integrated into the plans and into our work! You'll be one of the assassins just like all of us!"

"I don't want to..." whimpered Yukiji, trembling. She didn't want to be like everyone else. She wanted to be like Sanji. Free and able to do what she wanted.

"You have no other choice. You were born into this family. Your body has accepted the liquid. You will never get away from it. Your body, your mind, everything is mine."

Yukiji bit his lip hard. No. She did not belong to him! It was her body, her decision! No one should be able to decide over her!

"Yukiji, no matter what happens. Stay the way you are and never let anyone talk you into anything."

Words that her mother, Sora, had said before she died. Said because Yukiji had questions about her hair. Her head lifted and she looked into her father's eyes.

No matter what else happened to her today should not be a reason to join his cause. At her young age, Yukiji knew what she wanted. And her father couldn't give her that. Here and now, she would endure whatever happened. Beatings, words, anything. The main thing was that she endured everything so that she could be free of all the suffering and go to her room.

To the place where she could retreat until Nova would give her one of the good days again.