3. Granted

Rohit and Virat was now married for 2 years now. Virat was the perfect life partner anyone could ask for, he tooks care of Rohit's everything.
Rohit is a cricketer he plays for India while Virat is a freelancer he works from home most of the time.

From past few months Rohit was out of form, he also lost few tournaments because of it. Everyone was giving their opinions about him the in social media everyone was bashing him for the loss as he was the captain, Rohit used to read all the hate comments, some of them also mentioned Virat as the reason for his out of form.
Rohit was affected by all of this, he used to get angry on Virat at silly things, he used to argue Virat on every point.
Virat too reads the comments on social media but doesn't says anything although he was getting hurt. But he was sure that one day Rohit will answer his haters with his bat.

"Vi!! Meri red wali shirt kaha hai" shouted Rohit from his bedroom.

"Ek min Rohit, bs ye ek email bhej du"  Vi was busy in typing something in his laptop.

Rohit- "Jaldi de yaar me wait nahi kr sakta ek toh mere kapde pata nahi kaha rakh deta hai. Ek jagah pe milte bhi nahi"

Virat while coming inside their bedroom, he opened the cupboard and gave the shirt to Rohit. It was neatly ironed and kept in cupboard only.

Virat says while cupping Rohit's face
"Samne he toh tha shirt, kyu gussa karta hai choti choti baato pe"

Rohit just averted his gaze from Virat and said a quick sorry.

Rohit told Virat that he was going out with his friends.
Vi- "Jaldi aana Ro me tumhara favourite khana banaunga" says while bidding Bye to him.

Rohit just nodded and left.
.
.
.

In the night Virat prepared Rohit's favourite dishes, he was calling Rohit but Rohit's number was switched off.
Virat was feeling hungry but he decided to eat dinner with Rohit.

He was dialling Rohit's number but it was coming switched off.
He was now feeling sleepy so he drifted off keeping his head on dining table.

Rohit came after some time, Virat woke up after listening to door sound.

Vi- "Kaha the Rohit? Mne bola tha jaldi aajana, dekho mne tumhara favourite khana banaya hai chalo baitho khane"

Ro- "Pareshan mat kr yaar Vi abhi me khake aaya hu mere dosto ke sath. Aur mne bola hai mera wait Mt karte raho"

Virat now felt really angry, "Oh wow! I didn't eat anything kyuki mujhe tumhare sath khana tha. Aur tum bahar khaake aagye Just wow!!"

Virat went to his bedroom he felt hurt, he was crying holding a pillow.
He soon slept, Rohit came in the room after sometime and felt bad.

Rohit POV
"Yaar mujhe nahi gussa karna Vi pe, I know how much he cares for me. But I don't do it intentionally.
I'm frustrated with my life.

He slept beside Vi"

.
.
.

It was Sunday afternoon in Sharma's house, Virat was making lunch for them and Rohit was as usual scrolling through his Instagram comments. He was too angry as he read the post about Virat being his bad luck and Virat controlling his life.
He usually helps Virat while cooking but from somedays he is disturbed.

Virat called Rohit for lunch.
When Rohit saw *Alu ki sabzi* in his plate he got angry, because he really hates potato.

"Jaan bujhke banayi na tumne alu ki sabzi, tumhe pata hai ,I don't like it.
Mujhe nahi khana ab. You don't care for me, sahi kehte hai log you handle my life"
Saying this Rohit left the plate untouched.

"Ro sunn toh le meri baat, dusra kuch tha nahi banane keliye. Abhi ye khalo baad me bana dunga na tumhari pasand ka kuch"
Virat pleaded but Rohit was not in mood to listen.

Rohit slept in their bedroom.
Vi know that Rohit will not listen now.

.
.
.
.

Rohit woked up after 2 hours, he felt better after sleeping. He stretched himself and came out from bedroom.

Virat was nowhere to be seen now.
He wondered where was Virat.

Suddenly his phone ringed it was a call from unknown number.
Rohit picked up the call.

"Hello Rohit Sharma?"

"Yes"

"We are speaking from XYZ hospital, your husband Mr Virat had met with accident.
Pls come here as soon as possible his condition is really critical"

The phone slipped from his hand and Rohit stumbled upon the ground.
His Vi, met with accident.

He grabbed his car keys and went to the hospital, in the ward he saw Vi was lying lifeless in the hospital bed. Many wires was attached to him.

Doctor came there, "Mr Rohit you need to be strong now, patient ka bohot blood loss hua hai. We need to proceed with surgery but chances are very less"

Rohit- "No!! You need to save him. Please doctor save him. I beg you"
Rohit was crying hysterically he was not understanding anything.

After sometime Rohit and Virat's parents came there, Rohit hugged his mother, "Maa I can't live without him... Doctor.. ko bolo na usko theek karde.. I will d..die. I love him"
He was sobbing uncontrollably in his mother's arm and was blaming himself.
Even all the parents were crying seeing their children in this state.

The light of operation theatre went off, doctor came.

Rohit just ran towards him , "K..kya hua doctor.. how is my Vi? Theek ..hai na woh"
Rohit's voice was shivering now.

"I'm sorry, Mr Sharma. We can't save him"

"No!! This can't happen you.. are lying.
Papa.. mumma chalo hum dusre hospital me jaate hai. You see kya keh rahe hai. They say vi.. my vi is no more... Aise kese bol sakte hai ye
Chalo mujhe nahi rehna yaha.. haa chalo let's go"
Rohit blabbered while holding his father's hand. He was not in mood to listen to anyone.

Rohit's mother came forward, she too was crying bitterly"Yahi sach hai beta, they can't save Virat. You need to accept the reality"

The ground beneath Rohit's feet was shaken. He felt like all the strength from his body left. He was feeling his soul left his body.

"No!!!" Rohit was shouted loudly and cried hard.
His Vi has left him forever.

Don't take anyone for granted; express your appreciation and love openly. Life is fleeting, and people are a constant source of support and joy. Recognizing and acknowledging their presence in your life strengthens bonds and enriches the shared journey. So, say what you want to say before the chance slips away.

.
.
.

That was it for today guys.

One more part of this chapter is coming 🙌

Also.. I'm planning to write a new story on Ishman with a different concept 👀

Stay tuned.