Chapter 12.

(The long awaited Chapter 12. I'm so sorry for the wait, life has been so busy lately)

Back in the elevator, Phil leaned against the wall with a hand over his forehead.

Brooklyn stood in front of Phil with her arms crossed and head leaned back against said wall.

Stu stood with his hands in his pockets and Alan stood with his arms also crossed.

All the deja vu was rolling through Brooklyn's head, just the elevator alone was reminding her of Vegas.

"We're fucked," Stu sighed, his foot tapping on the elevator floor. "Chow's dead. What do we do now?"

"This guy doesn't give a shit about Chow, Stu," Phil sighed, turning to face the elevator door. "This whole things about a fucking bank account."

Brooklyn took a deep breath, rubbing a hand over her face as she turned towards her friends. "Let's just go back to the hotel. We'll search Chow's body, hopefully the password's in his wallet or something," She shrugged.

"And what if it isn't?" Stu questioned. "I mean, they're gonna kill Teddy."

"Just relax," Phil said, turning to face his friend. "We have until 8 a.m. tomorrow to figure it out."

"With our luck, that's an 80/20," Brooklyn sighed, covering her face with her hands in exhaustion as Phil set a hand on her back.

The elevator fell silent, trying to figure out how the idea was going to go.

Alan, however, broke the silence with rather a complaint than an idea. "First the monkey, now my hat. How much worse can this day get?" He pondered, which made the other 3 look up and exchange irritated glances.

"Jesus Christ," Phil muttered to himself as the elevator reached the bottom floor, taking Brooklyn's hand and leaving like the devil was chasing him, Stu and Alan following after them.

The only way they could find back to the hotel was a small dingy boat, which wasn't how they wanted to travel but seemed like their only option.

In the dingy, Stu had found a guitar, plucking the strings at the head of the small boat with Alan in a seat behind him while Phil and Brooklyn sat in the middle, their hands linked together as they rode down the waterways of Bangkok.

Brooklyn was staring at their hands, zoned out temporarily while Phil just stared at her, gently turning her head towards him and resting his forehead against hers.

This was the second time today where they had a minute to bask in each other's presence, finding themselves managing to relax.

Stu started to strum notes on the guitar, singing along to the melody like in Vegas.

Neither Phil or Brooklyn chose to pay attention, rather choosing to continue staring at each other.

All they wanted to do was just be done with everything and sleep the entire weekend off for a month in their bed, only getting up when it was necessary but otherwise just staying cuddled up with each other.

"When we get back home," Brooklyn began her sentence, tilting her head back onto Phil's shoulder as he turned his attention towards her. "Like in Vegas, we're gonna talk about that whole marriage ordeal."

Phil immediately stiffened up at her words, turning his head away from Brooklyn due to embarrassment as his face started growing red.

Taking a deep breath, he turned back towards his love. "I-, *sigh*. Baby—."

"Hey, leave it til we're back home. It's ok."

~~~~~~

Returning to the trashy hotel they woke up in that morning, the 4 noticed the power was still out, which left the stairs as the only option to get back up.