EPILOGUE

Page count: 7

Three years later...

"Where are you taking me?" Hermione asked.

"You'll see, we're almost there."

"Derek, you know I don't like leaving the kids."

"There with the boys, they're fine; they're more protective over them than we are," he replied.

Hermione sighed, knowing it was true and that they were perfectly fine with Scott, Stiles and Liam, but that didn't stop her from worrying or missing them.

It was the middle of summer, meaning the boys were back home and visiting from college, Scott and Stiles had just graduated from their colleges that year and Liam had another year before he did the same. With them being gone most of the year, Teddy missed his Uncles and pack mates, so Hermione made it a point to take the children to visit them each at least once a week.

The boys were still unsure of what Hermione was or how she was able to teleport, and they'd all gotten used to the fact she wouldn't answer their questions, even Stiles had stopped asking and instead just went along with it. Of course there'd been a few near exposures over the years, but Hermione and Derek were able to explain away the instances, she was sure the boys didn't believe them but they never spoke of it again.

Hermione hated her pack being separated but there was nothing she could do about it; they had to live their lives and she knew they'd always come back. Beacon Hills was their home and it's where their pack was. Scott was studying to be a vet and once he achieved his goals, he would be taking over the animal clinic form Dr. Deaton who was waiting to retire until Scott was fully qualified. Liam was studying to be a doctor like his step-dad and Stiles had studied criminology, folklore and myths and legends. He planned on working with his father, solving crimes and catching criminals, but he was also going to be working alongside and liaising with Hermione when there was a supernatural case, that being the reason he'd studied mythology. Hermione was very proud of her boys.

Teddy now being eight years old only had three years left before he headed off to Hogwarts and she was dreading the day that it came. When the adoption papers had finally come through, Teddy had asked if he could be a Hale, too, and unable to deny him anything and feeling rather touched by his words, Derek had agreed and Teddy's name had been changed to Lupin-Hale. She'd never seen the blue haired boy so happy.

Unfortunately, a year ago, not long after Teddy's seventh birthday, Andromeda had died. Her magic had been destroyed by Bellatrix's curse, leaving her a Squib and while she had survived the incident, her body continued to weaken until it got to the point she could no longer walk and she was bed bound. Despite that, she'd remained in high spirits until she died peacefully in her sleep, going into the afterlife to meet with her long since departed family and Hermione knew she was finally at peace and watching over them.

Both she and Teddy had been absolutely devastated, as had Derek and the boys who had came to think of Andromeda as being their Grandmother. She'd certainly treated the boys as if they were her Grandchildren –and she insisted they called her Gran- and they'd loved her for her kindness and strangeness. For someone who had lived in the Wizarding World most of her life, Andromeda had certainly been strange in the boys' eyes, but they loved her all the more for it. If it hadn't been for her pack, neither she nor Teddy would've gotten through her death. Hermione was only glad Andromeda had gotten to meet the pups of the pack before she'd passed.

"Watch your step, there's a slope coming up," Derek spoke.

"Will you please tell me where you're taking me?" She all but begged.

"No, we're almost there and it'll ruin the surprise."

Hermione huffed at him and considered hexing him when he chuckled at her, but soon enough they were coming to a stop and Hermione sighed when Derek nuzzled at her neck and he placed a kiss over the mark he'd given her. They'd waited until after the twins had been born for Derek to give into his urges and mark her. He'd been worried at first that the venom in his fangs would turn her, -which he didn't want- or that it would do the opposite and kill her like it had Paige.