Chapter 1: The Mannequins and The Mold

Edna lies staring at the ceiling in her room. Mannequins wearing the elegant designs she had created surrounding her. After last night, they have become some of her only friends.

The scene plays in her head repeatedly until she can't take it anymore.

A nuclear bomb going off and destroying what remains of the Magnus Institute with Mort and King Julien still inside.

Seeing small bits of brain matter along with ashes in the air.

And lastly, Officer McCaw speaking into his walkie-talkie, giving orders to kill the only friends she has ever had. 

She became so lonely that she isolated herself from the rest of the world. Only talking to the mannequins and the people picking up her Grub Hub orders.

All Edna will do is create intricate designs that tell the story of the incident to cope.

One dress has the pattern of King Julien's fur with a pride flag ribbon around the waist.

 Another mannequin wears a pantsuit that is the same color as Mort's huge eyes. Edna has cut a hole in the mannequin where the mouth would be. Every night she orders a Crappachino for delivery and feeds it to the mannequin, Mold is starting to grow inside of it. Occasionally a strange liquid will be secreted through the fabric of the mannequin's body, staining the paintsuit with its strange grey color. 

Edna does not care.

Edna does not care about the sour odor the mannequin admits.

It is all part of her art project in the end. Her strange vision, if you will.

After a while, Edna feels steady enough to stand again, and she walks to the living room of her giant mansion and stares at the view from her window.

She can see the bruises the bomb had left in the earth from her house. It made her feel violently ill. 

She sighs and moves to her kitchen to see what is left in her fridge. 

She opens it and finds some frozen peas, Sausage made of mystery meat, and a Burger King bag with grease encrusting the bottom of it. She smiles excitedly, but the smile quickly fades as she checks in the bag to see all that remains is a chicken sandwich covered in white and green fuzz.

She sets the bag on her counter then checks her purse for spare change and finds nothing.

She slowly reaches her hand into the Burger King bag and pulls out the sandwich and takes a bite of it. The texture reminds her a lot like a peach, fuzzy and rough on the outside and juicy on the inside with a hard center.

She swallows hard. It was disgusting but she is no longer hungry.

She felt vomit rise in her throat but she must keep it down.

She walked into the bathroom and stared into the mirror, like in that one scene from 'Only God Forgives'.

She covers her face with her cold, unwashed hands and whispers "I need to kill McCaw, Darling..."

Edna looks at herself again and repeats "I need to kill...McCaw." 

Her eyes widen as she smiles to herself before walking back to her workspace.

She stops in front of the mannequins and places a pumpkin spice candle on the ground and lights it.

"I will get our revenge, Darling..."

She kneels in front of the mannequin. The candlelight, illuminating her face in a haunting fashion.

"...I promise..."