Chapter 2: What's Wrong With Mommy?

"THIS IS SERIOUSLY WHERE YOU LIVE?" Jiya asked with widened eyes as the distance of their glamorous mansion came closer and closer into focus.

"Where WE live." Krish said with a little laugh to his voice at her shocked expression. He took his time driving after coming through the high-security front gates to let Jiya take in the place fully. He was always grateful for their journey to getting here together. Life was never too easy for either of them in both of their respective ways, but here they were living in an 8-bedroom, 3-kitchen, and 10-bathroom mansion. They had created two of the smartest and most beautiful children in the world and were internationally known masters in their own separate professions.

"What is it you do specifically?" Jiya questioned her eyes still wide with interest in knowing how she of all people managed to marry such a successful man.

"It's boring, but I'm the founder and chairman of the Khanna Group, a multinational conglomerate involved in port development and operations." Krish shrugged nonchalantly he didn't consider himself the real hero of the family. He had always given that credit to Jiya. Krish had always come from money, not clean money, but the powerful and dirty kind. Unlike Jiya who worked hard and never took handouts, not even from him.

"Sounds important Mr. Kish. It's nice you've made something powerful of yourself." Jiya replied she kept her eyes away from him, she simply wanted to keep their dealings as professional as possible. She was still having a hard time believing this man. Believing that this was her life.

"Before we go into our home just know I have conditions too." Krish stated as he parked their Mercedes-Maybach S 600 in the parking garage amongst their 7 other luxury vehicles. Again Jiya's jaw dropped as she looked around the car park at the rest of their luxury vehicles.

"My name is Krish! You must call me by my name, no Mr. included. If not I'm fine with cute pet names." Krish smiled at his wife as he attempted to flirt with her, at that moment he wished he could hold her hand......But he wasn't going to break her conditions, especially when he was listing his own. Jiya's face immediately fell flat at his senseless flirtatious comment.

"Ok, Stranger." Jiya cooed out in a false loving way. She managed to make herself laugh to Krish's dismay. All of this was overwhelming. What if she made these kinds of jokes in front to fo their children? it was traumatizing enough for him, but he couldn't allow her to do it to them. 

"I'm just joking don't take me seriously Krish. My God lighten up." Jiya scoffed as she still saw him deflate. It wasn't the comment she made; it was also the fact that she really wasn't his Jiya anymore. She didn't know him, their kids, their lifestyle. She knew nothing and hadn't seemed to be welcoming it all with opening arms. He wasn't upset with her, She couldn't help herself. He was growing immense hatred at whoever had done this. They would definitely get what was coming to them.

"Jiya. Please for the sake of the children inside our home, be gentle. They don't know what has happened to you but they look forward to seeing their mother." Krish's eyes pleaded as they looked into hers. She felt nothing but pity for the lovestruck man who stared back at her. She sighed but nodded in agreement..... for the sake of the children.  Though she didn't like the thought of being a liar, she knew it was for a good cause. 

"I'm not good with children Krish, but I'll be nice and act accordingly." Jiya insisted nonchalantly, she felt he was overreacting like she would hurt them purposely. She didn't have the mindset to be malicious. She just knew a certain connection wouldn't automatically be present. Jiya hoped he understood that too.

Krish remembered the time when she was strongly against having children when they first started dating. When she was just completely career-driven and didn't think of anything else. If Krish never knew before he knew now how fragile the brain was. How fragile Jiya's brain was for her to think she was 10 years in the past.