• 14 •

Time was flying for Isabella it was already November and her album was coming out soon. Today was the Chiefs vs the Giants game and Isabella was not prepared for the upcoming events.

Isabella drove to work like any other day and waited on the sidelines for the game to start. She was wearing a sweatshirt with a puffer jacket and fleece-lined flare leggings.

 She was wearing a sweatshirt with a puffer jacket and fleece-lined flare leggings

<>

It was half-time, and the cheerleaders performed. As they performed they showed the people in the viewing boxes. Isabella looked to the screen and saw someone she never expected to see. Brittany Matthews. She was in the Giant's box with some of their family. Isabella felt like a bucket of ice water had been dumbed on her. She hadn't seen Brittany since the day she and Patrick broke up.
Isabella kept her composure and did her job the rest of the game.

The Chiefs won 17-20 and Isabella saw Patrick's family on the field and went over to them.
"Isabella!" Mia said and ran to her. Isabella bent down a little and picked her up.
"Hi guys, how have you been?" She asked and Randi pulled her into a hug.
"Patrick told me about y'all getting back together. I'm so glad." She said and Isabella smiled.
"Me too." She said and set Mia down. Patrick then walked over to them and hugged his dad.
"What did y'all think?" He asked as he hugged his mom.
"You did great son." His dad said and patted his son's shoulder. Patrick was going to respond but someone cleared their voice. Everyone turned to them and Isabella bit her lip out of nerves.
"Brittany?" Patrick asked confused as to why she was there.
"Hi, Patrick. Good game." She said then look at Isabella.
"Isabella?" She said Surprised. Isabella nodded.
"Wow didn't expect to see you here." She said.
"I work here," Isabella said and gave her a fake smile.
"Oh, since when?" Brittany asks but Patrick cuts in.
"What are you doing here Brittany?" He asked and she looked at him.
"My friend is dating one of the players and Invited me... speaking of my friend... I have to go. See you guys." She said then left.
"Well, that was awkward," Jackson said and Randi hit his arm.
"I need to do a few interviews. Text me when you're done with your meeting." Patrick said to Isabella and she nodded and he left.
"I should get going too. It was nice seeing you guys."
she gave Mia and Randi a hug and then left.

<>

After her meeting, Isabella texted Patrick and told him her meeting was done and she would meet him at his house. She drove to his house and used the key that he gave her.
"Babe? Patrick!" She called out.
"In here!" he yelled back. She walked in and saw Patrick and Travis. Patrick smiled and Travis's jaw dropped.
"No way... Y'all sneaky little sons of you know what." He said then pointed at the both of them. Isabella and Patrick started laughing.
"So you're telling me that you were talking about Isabella that day at your house?" He said putting the pieces together.
"And you! You said you didn't have anyone!" He accused her.
"I didn't deny it... I just changed the subject." She said defending herself.
"That's crazy... but I'm happy for you guys." He said.
"Thanks, man," Patrick said and Travis grabbed his keys.
"Imma head out. Me and a few of the guys are celebrating." He said then dabbed Patrick up and hugged Isabella.

Once Travis left Patrick ordered door dash and they waited on the couch.
"So... did you know Brittany was going to be there?" Isabella asked and Patrick looked a little offended.
"What? Of course not. I was just as surprised as you were." He said and Isabella believed him. She never really doubted him but her insecurities were starting to get to her. Isabella felt her phone vibrate and she looked at the message.

Manager Alex.
*link*

Isabella opened the link and saw a whole bunch of articles and the picture on the front was Her and Patrick's family. Then Brittany and Patrick. And a few pictures of her Instagram.
Mahomes back with Brittany?  
Who's this new girl?
Isabella Jade is seen being friendly with Patrick Mahomes's family.
Who is Isabella Jade?
"Patrick." She said and he leaned over looking at her phone.
"Shit." He said then grabbed her phone and read a few of the articles.
"Patrick looked to be still in love with Brittany." He read out with a scoff. He looked over to Isabella and then gave her, her phone back.
"Just ignore it, Izzy. They don't know what they are talking about." He said and the doorbell rang. He got up and got their food.

On the outside, it might have seemed like Patrick was calm but on the inside he was mad. He knew that Brittany probably did that on purpose. Trying to make it seem like there was still something between him and her. But he stayed composed for Isabella not wanting to freak out or think that Patrick does have feelings for Brittany when he doesn't.

Quite the opposite in fact. He really disliked Brittany and questioned why he dated her again. During high school, she wasn't that bad but the fame that Patrick brought to her changed her, and that was one of the many reasons Patrick broke up with her.

Isabella responded to her manager's text then went into the kitchen and opened her food.
"They're going to put it together... and now that my album is coming out I'm a little worried about what people will think of our relationship... maybe we should go public but keep it pretty private. Or maybe I should postpone the album." She said put Patrick immediately shut that idea down.
" Absolutely not. You have worked too hard for this. If I need to I can make a statement about our relationship. Or you can post something... And If you want to go public I'm ok with it but I want to do it because we want to. Not because we were made to." He explains and Isabella agrees.
"I agree, let's wait a few more days and let it dye down." She said then closed the article and started eating.

<>

A few days passed past and the drama just got worse. And the root of it was Brittany. She had posted an Instagram story of her at a party screaming "She will never be me!" which was quickly deleted because Brittany got more hate for that video than praise with comments like. " embarrassing" "team Isabella!" or "She thought she ate." and "Patrick is probably so embarrassed that he dated you."
Isabella tried to ignore all the drama but it was hard when now paparazzi would follow her or wait outside the Arrowhead stadium to ask her questions like. "What do you think of Brittany Matthews?" "Are you and Patrick Mahomes dating?"
Or "Is your album going to be about Patrick?"
But she kept her head down and ignored them.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thoughts so far? Are you liking the story lines so far? Also do time skips bother you?

Don't forget to like/vote! And don't be a ghost reader! I love reading the comments. If you have any questions let me know!