Chapter 41

_ . _

Chapter 41

A week has passed since Samael's conversation with Artemis. He hasn't heard from Apollo yet, but he trusts that he will keep his word to Artemis. Now, Samael and Erichthonius are sitting at the dining table in their home, enjoying their lunch. Raya was nearby, watching the two with a warm smile on her face, while the three priestesses stood behind her, ready to serve.

Samael looked at the food. It smelled delicious, but he didn't feel like eating it. The young king noticed his look and asked, "Are you not hungry?"

Samael shook his head and said, "Mm. I don't feel like eating meat." He then turned to Raya and said, "Raya, can you bring me the dessert? I don't have an appetite for meat."

Raya smiled and nodded. "Of course, my lord." She then turned to the three priestesses and told them to fetch the dessert tray from the kitchen.

Erichthonius raised his eyebrows as he looked at Samael. "Isn't it unhealthy to eat dessert without having the main dish?"

Samael snapped back. "Are you telling me what to do now, Erich?"

"No, I'm..." Erichthonius rubbed his forehead and sighed. "Why are you so stubborn, my wife?"

Samael scoffed. "Since when did I vow to obey every word you say?"

"Haa..." Erichthonius gave up and looked at Raya from a distance. He spoke in a firm voice. "Make a snack for Samael. A tray of light and heavy meals for him to eat later if he gets hungry in the carriage."

Raya nodded respectfully and said, "As you wish, Your Majesty." She then glanced at the other priestess behind her and instructed her.

A few moments later, the dessert platter arrived, along with a pot of rose tea. Samael helped himself to some sweets, then poured a cup of tea and drank it. Meanwhile, the young king was watching him closely, studying his every gesture. Erichthonius reclined on his chair and folded his arms, grinning at Samael as he asked, "Are you pregnant?"

Samael spat out the tea from his mouth in disbelief. He coughed on his own blunder as he looked at Erichthonius, his face burning red in humiliation. "Are you insane?! What rubbish are you talking about?!"

Seeing how furious Samael became, Erichthonius sank in his seat and kept quiet. Samael took the napkin from Raya as he exhaled. He then cleaned the tea on his face while the other priestess tidied up the spill he caused. "It's impossible for a Gordon to be conceived by a demigod, especially since male Gordons do not have a suitable womb to carry a child."

Erichthonius smiled as a response. Samael gritted his teeth and narrowed his, continuing to eat the remaining cake and sweet pudding on the table. "Seriously, we're going to an important business, and you're teasing me like this?"

Erichthonius chuckled. "Alright. I'll stop teasing you. Forgive me."

"Whatever." Samael rolled his eyes.

After having lunch, Samael and the young king rode on the carriage. The basket of snacks was prepared on Samael's seat as Erichthonius ordered, and the Pegasus started to gallop in the direction of Demeter's temple.

The reason why Samael wanted Erichthonius to attend banquets and events is not only to strengthen his standing within the Olympus but also to gain information about Demeter's whereabouts. 

The stories kept shifting with each telling. Some said that Demeter had gone down to the mortal realm to look for another way into the underworld. Others whispered that she had to resort to using dark magic, like Circe, and that Zeus might banish her from Olympus. But her banishment was a matter of debate. Demeter was an ancient goddess, and her role as the Goddess of Harvest was vital for the mortal realm to thrive and keep their faith in Olympus. Without Demeter, the mortal realm would face famine, and their crops would wither, leading to their hunger and death.