11

Adina's POV

I don't know why I did that. But I felt a spark of satisfaction seeing the hurt look on his face. That feeling disappeared fast being replaced by a seed of guilt. He didn't deserve that and I knew it.

Are you still there?

I jumped slightly hearing Jackson's voice on the other end of the phone. He apologized and started being a lot nicer to me. Maybe even charming. 

"Yeah sorry, it was Darian he needed something," I said quietly, returning to sit on my bed and pulling a blanket around myself. 

I heard.

I could hear something in his voice but I didn't know what it was, it sounded like amusement. I sighed softly leaning against the headboard of my bed.

"Yeah, we got in a little fight, nothing much really. I just don't think we'll be on good terms for a while." I was a bit sad admitting that, I was the one blocking him off after everything so why was I so upset about not being able to talk to him?

I'm gonna get you some rest, sounds like you need it.

I hummed in agreement, a bit sad to let him go since I'd end up alone once again. 

"Thank you, for talking to me, and I hope you have a good night." My voice was soft mainly to keep Darian from hearing anything.

Anytime princess, just call and I'll be there.

A small giggle escaped me as we said our farewells, hanging up slowly as I pulled the phone from my ear. Another sad sigh escaped my lips before I decided to get some rest.

I placed my phone on the charger and settled down to sleep, it took a while but eventually a cold dreamless sleep over took me.

-

When I woke up it was to the loud blaring of my alarm, not the sleepy face of Darian. I knew I hurt him but he had hurt me too and I didn't think an apology would fix this all by itself. 

I got out of bed getting to work on making myself presentable. After my shower, I dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and a pink sweater, along with some white Converse. I still felt like Darian got me way too many clothes but he refused to let me return any of them.

As I made my way out of my room I nearly bumped into Darian on my way downstairs. To say he didn't look good would be an understatement. He looked like he had come straight out of hell itself. His clothes looked like they had been crumpled on the floor and for all I knew they had been.

He was wearing a pair of black jeans and a black band t-shirt that I didn't hate completely. He looked me over quickly before continuing down the stairs with me behind him. He didn't seem to be in the talking mood so I kept quiet as I made myself a bowl of cereal, watching him make his own.

I wanted to break the tense silence but there was nothing I could say to make it any better. Darian had this look on his face like he was holding something back and it just made it all the worse.

We finished our breakfast in silence before he got up, motioning for me to hurry up to which I complied. 

The ride to school was just as horrible. His hands were tight around the steering wheel and it looked like his rings were pressing far too deep to be comfortable. He parked quickly, jumping out and leaving me behind as he made his way inside.

I was planning on spending the day mostly alone but it seemed like Jackson had warmed up to me almost completely. We had been on speaking terms and were growing a bit closer but not close enough to sit together in class, at least I didn't think so.