12

Adina's POV

Jackson led me upstairs to a more secluded room, there was only a select group of people in the room so it was far quieter. They were all sitting in a circle, discussing what I assumed to be the game's rules.

Jackson and I went over and found a spot, he sat across from me. I noticed most of the people participating were from the football team and cheerleader squad, basically, everyone who sat at our table.

" Remember, no phones allowed, and no backing out. Whoever it lands on you have to go with. You have exactly seven minutes, no shorter no longer." A girl named Alicia stated I recognized her as Andrew's girlfriend. She was relatively nice and didn't mistreat me.

The first few rounds went by somewhat quickly, Alicia would spin the bottle and the two it landed on would end up leaving and going into the bathroom together. I didn't learn much besides the fact that a lot of moaning was coming from the bathroom.

Nerves were eating me from the inside out as the numbers dwindled in the circle. They said it was a new version of the game or whatever where whoever was picked had to sit out until another game was started. Now it was just me, Jackson, Andrew, Alicia, and two other people I didn't know.

The game seemed pretty rigged considering no one ever landed on anyone other than their significant other or another single person. If that were the case no one said anything, just enjoying the game as it went.

Alicia wrapped her manicured claws around the bottle, spinning it roughly as we all waited in anticipation. I could hear my heart beating in my head when it slowed down to stop facing me. I was terrified, mainly because I had no idea what went on in the bathroom during your seven minutes.

She reached out again, and once again the tension rose as the bottle spun. It's like I could see the future, or maybe my mind was just coming up with the most cliche scenario because it just happened to land on Jackson.

I looked up to see him grinning at me, I did my best to match his enthusiasm but it was quite difficult. He stood up before bringing me to the bathroom, shutting the door, and turning the lights out.

At first, everything was quiet except for my heartbeat and our breathing, I could feel the room heating up from our breath. The silence didn't last long because soon enough his lips were on me, I was so shocked I didn't process it for a solid minute.

His kiss was rough and sloppy, at least sloppier than Darian's since he was the only person I could compare it to. His mouth was hot and I didn't feel the spark I felt with Darian. I thought all kisses were supposed to be the same. This was nothing like Darian's.

I wanted to blame it on the absurd amount of alcohol that I had consumed but there was something else. This burning pit in my stomach had me dreading what was to come. I felt Jackson reach for the hem of my shirt and that was when I had to stop it. 

I pushed him back roughly, breathing heavily. I couldn't see a thing and that made everything ten times worse.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He scowled, apparently not understanding that this wasn't going to work.

"Jackson I can't, just let me out." He was standing between me and the door and the bathroom was far too little for me to just go around him. He scoffed getting closer to me again.

"So what? You're just gonna lead me on, tease me like that, and not follow through?" I shook my head before realizing he couldn't see me.

His words reminded me of the words Father John said to me that day. Telling me how it was my fault and how I was the reason he did all of that.